Police: Burglar Struck 9 Times In Midtown, Chelsea Businesses
NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — Police on Wednesday were asking the public to help them find a suspect in nine commercial burglaries in Midtown and Chelsea.
In each incident, the suspect broke into a business that was closed, and took laptops and other property before running off.
Police said the incidents happened on the following dates and at the following locations:
• On Monday, April 28, the suspect broke into the Michael Alan Group, 22 W. 38th St., and took an iPad, a Macbook Air and cash;
• On Friday, May 9, the suspect broke into Haymarket Media, 114 W. 26th St., and took a Dell laptop;
• On Saturday, May 24, the suspect broke into Crossmedia Inc., 22 W. 23rd St., and took several Macbooks and a bottle of bourbon;
• On Friday, May 30, the suspect broke into APICA, 20 W. 23rd St., and took a laptop;
• On Monday, June 2, the suspect broke into the Michael Alan Group again, and took cash;
• On Thursday, June 12, the suspect broke into Best Apartments, 119 W. 23rd St., but left without taking anything;
• On Friday, June 13, the suspect broke into Prompt Business, 22 W. 38th St., and took laptops and cash;
• Also on Friday, June 13, the suspect broke into Soft Tech Health, 363 Seventh Ave., and took laptops;
• On Friday, June 20, the suspect entered a building at 24 W. 23rd St. and took cash.
The suspect was described as a black male between 30 and 35, standing about 5 feet 8 inches tall and weighing 180 pounds, with a gap between his front teeth. The suspect wears black glasses, and was seen wearing a black hat that says “Brooklyn” in white.
Police have released a photo of a suspect.
Anyone with information was asked to call the NYPD Crime Stoppers at (800) 577-TIPS, log onto the Crime Stoppers website, or text tips to 274637 (CRIMES) and enter TIP577.
Check Out These Other Stories From CBSNewYork.com: