Police: Burglar Broke Into 5 Restaurants In Long Island City, Queens
NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — Police on Wednesday were asking for help from the public in finding a suspect in a string of restaurant burglaries in Long Island City, Queens.
The five incidents happened between June 11 and the Fourth of July. The burglar broke through glass doors or windows each time, but did not always take property.
Police said the incidents happened at the following times and locations:
• Around 4 a.m. Wednesday, June 11, the suspect entered Andres Pizza at 25-19 40th Ave. by breaking a glass front door, and took the entire cash register with $20 in cash inside;
• Sometime between 1 a.m. and 8 a.m. Sunday June 22, the suspect broke through the front glass door at Manducatis Restaurant, at 46-33 Vernon Blvd., and took two iPads, two iPad Minis, and $700 in cash;
• Sometime between 2 a.m. and 7:30 a.m. Wednesday, June 25, the suspect broke through the front door window at Woodbines Restaurant, at 47-10 Vernon Blvd., and took a Galaxy 10 electronic tablet and $100;
• Sometime between 7 p.m. Friday, June 27, and 5:30 a.m. Monday, June 30, the suspect broke into the Seattle Café, at 32-02 Queens Blvd., again through the front door glass. He took about $850 in total from two cash registers;
• At 4:22 a.m. Friday, July 4, the suspect broke through a window at the LIC Bar, at 45-58 Vernon Blvd., but took nothing.
Police have released a photo of a suspect, taken in the first incident.
Anyone with information was asked to call the NYPD Crime Stoppers at (800) 577-TIPS, log onto the Crime Stoppers website, or text tips to 274637 (CRIMES) and enter TIP577.
Check Out These Other Stories From CBSNewYork.com:
- Christie, Pataki Among GOP Presidential Hopefuls Talking-Up Credentials In New Hampshire
- Police Release Video In Harlem Hit-And-Run That Critically Injured Cyclist
- 4 Rescued From Water In One Evening At Jacob Riis Park Beach
- NYC Activists Demand Action After 10 Shootings Leave 3 Dead, 22 Wounded Over Weekend