STATEN ISLAND, N.Y. (CBSNewYork) — Staten Island politicians are hoping a popular Brooklyn business brings its expansion to their west shore, WCBS 880’s Ginny Kosola reported.
Brooklyn Brewery is looking at locations in the lower Hudson Valley and New Jersey, Kosola reported, but it is very interested in a site on the west shore of Staten Island where a NASCAR racetrack was planned but never built. Kosola reported talks are currently underway.
Borough President James Oddo met with brewery officials last week and said he likes the project.
As WCBS 880 reported, the brewery would create 140 jobs.
Only 20 percent of the company’s beer is brewed in Brooklyn; the other 80 percent is brewed in Utica, N.Y.
The third location is said to be needed to meet demand as international exports are one-third of its business.
You Might Also Be Interested In:
- Watch: Donald Trump Is Sworn In As The 45th President Of The United States
- CBS2 Exclusive: Teen Sets Man Sleeping On Subway Ablaze, Looks On Laughing
- Man Robbed, Tried To Sexually Assault Woman In Central Park, Police Say
- President Trump: We Are Transferring Power From Washington, D.C. Back To The American People