NEW YORK (CBSNewYork/AP) — There has been a major change to Rev. Al Sharpton’s plan for a march calling for action following the death of Eric Garner while in police custody in Staten Island last month.
Sharpton and Garner’s family unveiled the plans outside the National Action Network in Harlem on Saturday.
Sharpton said they will no longer physically march over the Verrazano-Narrows Bridge on Aug. 23, but instead protesters will take buses, 1010 WINS’ Derricke Dennis reported. He said caravans will be coordinated throughout the city to bring people over the span of the bridge.