NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — It took more than 100 firefighters to put out a fire early Sunday inside a nail salon in the Bronx.

An unattended candle was blamed for the fire, which broke out around 3 a.m. inside the Nail Sun Salon on Castle Hill Avenue.

The building also has a second floor above the storefront.

One person was taken to NYC Health + Hospitals/Jacobi with serious injuries, officials said.

Fire marshals said they did not find a smoke alarm inside the salon.

More From CBS New York

Bracket Challenge
Download Weather App

Watch & Listen LIVE