Latest NY 9/11 Anniversary
The 9/11 Museum is preparing to receive the remains of unidentified victims of the attack on the World Trade Center, according to a published report.
A pair of FBI agents were the first witnesses called by the defense on Monday. The agents testified that they first met Sulaiman Abu Ghaith a year ago on the tarmac in Jordan as he stood beside the plane that would fly him to New York to stand trial.
The government’s charge that he provided material support to the terrorist group is based on the fact that when Osama bin Laden summoned him on the very day of the attacks to videotape a speech that would let the world know al Qaeda was responsible, he agreed.
FBI Special Agent Michael Butsch was the chief interviewer to question Sulaiman Abu Ghaith aboard a flight to the United States after his arrest in Turkey a year ago.
Saajid Badat, a 34-year-old United Kingdom resident, is expected to testify all day Tuesday by video hookup from London. He refuses to testify in the United States because he faces terrorism charges in Boston that could send him to prison for life.
- American Atheists Work To Keep WTC Cross Out Of 9/11 Museum 03/06/2014
- NY-Born Man Sentenced For Role With Al Qaeda Testifies Against Bin Laden’s Son-In-Law 03/06/2014
- Mayor De Blasio Calls On Feds To Contribute Funding For 9/11 Museum 01/15/2014
- Murders, Shootings On Track To Set Another Record Low In NYC 12/30/2013
- Court Rules Negligence Didn’t Cause World Trade Center 7 To Fall On 9/11 12/04/2013
- Group Says 9/11 Compensation Fund’s Pace Of Distribution ‘Unacceptable’ 11/22/2013
- Lower Manhattan Residents Sue NYPD Over WTC Security Plan 11/13/2013
- 9/11 Families Prepare Care Packages For Troops On Veterans Day 11/11/2013
- Study: 9/11 First Responders Showing Early Signs Of Kidney Damage 11/09/2013