Affordable Care Act
Health Insurance FAQs
Understanding Health Care In America Today
- What Has The Affordable Care Act Accomplished A Year Later? With almost a year under its belt, has the Affordable Care Act impact as many people as it originally set out to?
- Some NY Health Exchange Insurers Seek Sharp Hikes Some insurance companies participating in New York's health care exchange want to jack up rates, raising new fears about the cost of medical insurance under President Barack Obama's health care overhaul.
- Supreme Court: Companies With Religious Objections Don't Have To Cover Contraception The 5-4 ruling in the so-called “Hobby Lobby” case upheld the right of the Oklahoma-based Hobby Lobby craft stores -- 600 nationwide -- to opt out of a provision of Obamacare that mandates free birth control.
- Supreme Court Expected To Rule On 'Hobby Lobby' Contraception Case The rights of women and the powers of employers will be up against each other on Monday, in a case stemming from Obamacare.
- Affordable Care Act Projected To Meet Enrollee Goal The Obama administration says a new technical problem briefly prevented last-minute users from signing up on the government's health insurance website.
- Obama Administration Adds More Time For Some Health Care Applicants The Obama administration has extended the deadline for enrollment in the Affordable Care Act.
- Protesters Turn Out As U.S. Supreme Court Hears Hobby Lobby Case On Birth Control Coverage Protesters came out in full force Tuesday as the U.S. Supreme Court heard oral arguments in a case pitting employers’ religious beliefs against the Affordable Care Act's birth control mandate.
- HHS Secretary In NJ To Push Health Insurance Enrollment Ahead Of Next Week's Deadline Those who fail to sign up for health insurance by next Monday will not be able to enroll until next year and will have to pay a penalty on their taxes.
- Obama Announces 2-Year Extension For Canceled Health Plans Warding off the specter of election-year health insurance cancellations, the Obama administration Wednesday announced a two-year extension for individual policies that don't meet requirements of the new health care law.
- Obamacare Enrollment In New York: Over 100,000 So Far Over 100,000 residents of New York have successfully enrolled so far. New York has more than two million uninsured residents.