Latest NY Entertainment
Jim Hall, one of the leading jazz guitarists of the modern era, whose subtle technique, lyrical sound and introspective approach strongly influenced younger proteges such as Pat Metheny and Bill Frisell, died early Tuesday at age 83, his wife said.
Students at the Harlem School of the Arts can’t wait for Saturday’s holiday performances.
With the Church of St. Paul and St. Andrew, on West 86th Street and West End Avenue, in urgent need of repairs, actress Victoria Clark, one of its congregants, gathered some of her fellow performers for the all-star Bless This House holiday benefit show at the church Monday night.
It was a wild scene backstage at the Grammy nominations concert, from Miguel shouting out country music to Arsenio Hall’s turning the tables and ranting about Kanye West.
The nominees for the 2014 GRAMMYs are in and Jay Z tops the list with nine nominations — though you wouldn’t know it from watching the nominations concert.
- Newcomers Like Lorde, Macklemore May Takeover At Grammy Awards 2013/12/06
- Lights, Camera, Action: Astoria Welcomes New Outdoor Film Lot 2013/12/03
- Kardashian Family Unveils Glamorous Holiday Card 2013/12/02
- Alec Baldwin, MSNBC Have ‘Mutual Parting’ 2013/11/26
- Jon Bon Jovi Wants To Become NFL Owner Someday, But He’s Not Pursuing Bills 2013/11/25
- Sarah Jessica Parker Returns To Stage In ‘The Commons Of Pensacola’ 2013/11/24
- Report: Knicks Owner James Dolan Bans Woody Allen From VIP Lounge 2013/11/23
- Upper West Side Heats Up For Premiere Of ‘Catching Fire’ 2013/11/20
- Adam Levine Named People Magazine’s ‘Sexiest Man Alive’ 2013/11/20