Hurricane Sandy Carousel
Latest NY Hurricane Sandy Carousel
As part of the project, wetlands, which will act as a sponge to absorb storm water, will be built at East River Park, WCBS 880’s Peter Haskell reported.
Assemblyman Phil Goldfeder, D-Far Rockaway, said he’s asked FEMA to stop requesting the repayments, but the agency says it’s required by law to try to recoup money it sent out by mistake.
The second anniversary of Superstorm Sandy arrived Wednesday in New Jersey, where recovery is happening unevenly, with many houses, boardwalks and businesses rebuilt, but many other people still unable to return to their homes.
A major complaint in the days following Sandy was that customers didn’t know what repairs crews were working on when their power would be restored.
The three businesses are located on South Street, Peck Slip and Front Street and are part of a merchants’ alliance formed in the wake of Sandy called Old Seaport New York.
- Schumer: 2 Years After Sandy, NY Has Received $17B For Infrastructure Upgrades 10/26/2014
- Rockaway Park Friends Return To Homes Damaged In Superstorm Sandy 10/21/2014
- Nearly Two Years After Sandy, Seaside Heights Receives Much-Needed Facelift 08/07/2014
- Stronger Than The Storm: Wood From Sandy Ravaged Boardwalks Finds New Life Around The Region 07/24/2014
- CBS 2 Gets Results: Cleaning Crews Arrive To Clear Out Mold Filled Queens Home 06/17/2014
- L.I. Couple, New York Rising At Odds Over $6 Sandy Repair Payment 03/22/2014
- Volunteers Brave Frigid Temperatures To Rebuild Home For Sandy Victims 01/04/2014
- Residents Outraged By Bulldozing Of Brooklyn Community Garden 12/28/2013
- Report: Hoboken Looks To Become Model For Flood Prevention 12/14/2013