Hurricane Sandy Carousel
Latest NY Hurricane Sandy Carousel
While most New Yorkers spent their Saturday digging out from the snow storm some residents were still cleaning up after Superstorm Sandy.
On Saturday morning, bulldozers took over and leveled the land for a development project. Crated up chickens were the only thing left to reclaim.
Mayor Dawn Zimmer is advocating for better planning and increased funding for flood-prone urban areas.
This week WLNY’s Toni Senecal is getting in the holiday spirit. She hit DUMBO and Red Hook to take care of some shopping and did her part to help out Superstorm Sandy victims who were still working to rebuild.
A non-profit organization has opened a charity store on Staten Island that will spend the season providing gifts to Superstorm Sandy victims.
- Work On Mantoloking Sea Wall Could Begin In Early 2014 12/01/2013
- Waiting Room At Hoboken Train Station Reopens Ahead Of Winter 11/16/2013
- After Being Dimmed By Sandy, Rockaways Christmas Display Coming Back To Light 11/10/2013
- Report: Wider Beaches On The Way For Some Shore Towns 11/07/2013
- Red Cross Gives $500,000 Grant To Help NYC Seniors Still Recovering From Sandy 11/07/2013
- High Winds Blow Over Sandy Victim’s Freeport Home 11/02/2013
- A Year After Sandy Surprise Crop Pops Up In Long Island Yard 10/31/2013
- New FDNY Preparedness Equipment To Make A ‘Big Difference’ In Next Big Storm 10/30/2013
- Sandy Continues To Impact Halloween Shopping 1 Year Later 10/30/2013