Latest NY Health
The Valerie Fund has been in operation for 36 years and helps more than 4,000 children with cancer and blood disorders each year.
WCBS 880 has partnered with the Valerie Fund to support this Saturday’s Valerie Fund Walk and JAG Physical Therapy Run, which will be held in Verona Park in Verona, New Jersey.
Among the Valerie Fund’s programs is Camp Happy Times, a summer camp for current and former patients to get away and spend time with other survivors. 23-year-old cancer survivor Lashikeerah Walker spoke with Metaxas about the camp.
There are no age limits on the children the Valerie Fund will treat. Even the littlest of children can get cancer. Katie Mulcahy was only 14-months-old.
This Saturday morning, WCBS 880 will be part of the Valerie Fund Walk and JAG Physical Therapy Run in Verona. The annual event is a fundraiser for the organization which supports the comprehensive health care needs of children with cancer and blood disorders.
Patients, families and advocates plan to protest what they say is New Jersey’s failure to meaningfully implement the state’s medical marijuana program.
- Struggle Continues To Fully Reopen Long Beach Medical Center 2013/06/05
- Stories From Main Street: Scarsdale Organization Helps Terminally Ill Leave Something Behind 2013/06/03
- Harlem Woman Claims She Got Herpes From Lipstick Tube At Rihanna Concert 2013/05/31
- Health Warning: Measles Diagnosed In Rockland County Child 2013/05/29
- Folk Legend Peter Yarrow Comes Out For N.J. Boy In Need Of Bone Marrow Transplant 2013/05/17
- High School Students Study ‘Cancer Alley’ Near Fresh Kills Landfill 2013/05/16
- Is A Mastectomy The Right Choice For All Women? 2013/05/15
- Stories From Main Street: Pascack Valley Hospital Set To Reopen In Westwood 2013/05/13
- New York Judge Refuses To Suspend Plan B Ruling 2013/05/10