Latest Political News
Assembly Bill Would Allow Sikhs To Serve In Police, Other Government Jobs The proposal comes after a Sikh man was allegedly run over last month by a truck driver yelling hateful comments. President Obama Plays Golf After Making Somber Statement On Beheaded American Journalist James Foley Shortly after delivering his somber remarks Wednesday, he engaged in his favorite pastime -- a game of golf with friends, including former professional basketball star Alonzo Mourning.
City Council Bill Would Make Gun Offender Registry Public Police Investigate After Palestinian Protest Flag Is Unfurled On Manhattan Bridge Poll: Many Voters Remain Unfamiliar With Gov. Cuomo’s Republican Challengers Officials: Obama Sent Troops To Syria On Failed Mission To Rescue Foley, Other Captives Gubernatorial Hopeful Rob Astorino Offers To Debate Opponent Zephyr Teachout Zephyr Teachout, NY Gubernatorial Candidate, Survives Residency Challenge Appeal Political Analyst: Cross-Endorsements Could Decide Conn. Governor’s Race Chris Christie: Bruce Springsteen Hasn’t Objected To Use Of His Music
Latest Politics From CBS News
- Chuck Hagel: James Foley death a casualty of ISIS’s “ruthless, barbaric ideology”
- Rick Perry: ISIS may already be in the U.S.
- NRA's Wayne LaPierre accepts Gabrielle Giffords' ice bucket challenge
- Eric Holder: Ferguson residents "gave me hope"
- Ex-Virginia governor takes the stand, talks strained marriage
- Federal judge reopens "Fast and Furious" controversy
- Paul Ryan promises no government shutdown this year
- James Foley's death isn't changing views in Congress
- Mixed marks for Obama on Ferguson from Americans
- Obama on ISIS: Tough words, but will it lead to more action?
- Ex-Virginia Gov. Bob McDonnell takes the stand in his corruption trial
- Eric Holder in Ferguson: "I need to be here"
- Obama: ISIS offers nothing but "endless slavery to their empty vision"
- Obama on ISIS: "Their ideology is bankrupt"
- Obama: ISIS "has no place in the 21st century"
- Obama: Entire world "appalled" at ISIS executing James Foley
- Rick Perry pleads "not guilty" to felony charges
- Special Report: Obama says U.S. won't back down in the face of ISIS atrocities
- Obama angrily reacts to James Foley murder: ISIS' ideology is "bankrupt"
- Chris Christie: No rift with Bruce Springsteen
CBS News Political Hotsheet
- Justin Timberlake says second "20/20" album on the way
- Justin Timberlake planning "20/20" volume 2?
- Watch: Gary Carter's Hall of Fame speech
- Watch: White Sox manager grants sick girl's wish
- Twins' Ben Revere makes unbelievable catch
- George W. Bush dodges foul ball at Rangers game
- Juarez, Mexico - Murder Capital of the World
Latest Headlines From CBS News
- Cape Cod whale numbers are up, delighting watchers
- Cavs take Wiggins with No. 1 pick in NBA draft
- Parents of Santa Barbara victims speak out
- Australian officials reveal new details in Flight MH370 search
- Whitman's new "Machine" the key to HP's future
- Nightmare nanny won't leave home, family says
- High court checks President's recess appointment power
- Can abortion protestors be barred from clinics?
- "Phony scandals" won't get in the way of progress, Obama says
- Can Meg Whitman save HP?
- Prosecutor: Gov. Scott Walker was not target of probe
- Israel IDs 2 main suspects in teens' disappearance
- Report: Excessive drinking responsible for 1 in 10 adult deaths
- Obama: Despite "phony scandals," don't be "cynical"
- Whale numbers are up, delighting watchers
- Fireworks accidents on the rise
- Layoff notices sent to 1,100 Chicago teachers and staff
- FDA struggles to regulate fecal transplants
- Happy 40th birthday to the barcode
- Fireworks-related injuries rise as July 4th approaches