Latest Political News
NJ Pols: Renewal Of Rail Commuter Tax Benefit Is ‘Baloney’ As WCBS 880's Levon Putney reported, Congress approved a package of tax breaks before its winter recess, including restoring $250-a-month benefit for rail commuters -- the same amount given to those who drive. NYC Looks To Encourage Use Of Quieter Jackhammers Under the proposed rules, construction crews would be encouraged to use quieter electric jackhammers.
Obama: Time To Boost Travel, Commerce With Cuba Gov. Andrew Cuomo Bans Fracking In New York Over Health Concerns Cuomo Unveils Regulations Providing Medicaid Coverage For Gender Reassignment Surgery Cuban-American Lawmakers In New Jersey Oppose Renewing Relations Municipalities Critical Of Connecticut’s Environmental Cleanup Plan State Regulators Approve CL&P Rate Hike Advocates Push For Affordable Housing At Harrison MTA Development Comptroller Stringer Discusses Possibility Of City Settling With Garner Family
Latest Politics From CBS News
- Secret Service review urges "top-to-bottom" overhaul of agency
- Jeb Bush to step down as adviser to Barclays
- Rand Paul: Normalizing U.S.-Cuba relations probably a "good idea"
- U.S.: Drug lord's mother-in-law helps him skirt sanctions
- CIA insider: Spy swaps "very, very important" for U.S.
- Rand Paul, Hillary Clinton, Ted Cruz react to move to normalize relations with Cuba
- The Castro brothers
- Powell on Cuba shift: "We can produce positive change"
- Obama moves to restore diplomatic relations with Cuba
- City frozen in time wakes up to new reality in Cuba
- Scott Pelley reports from Cuba on groundbreaking diplomatic shift
- Can Congress block Obama 's efforts to normalize Cuba relations?
- Charlie Crist weighs in on U.S.-Cuba ties
- John Dickerson: Is Jeb Bush ready to run?
- Former Fla. Gov. Charlie Crist on opening ties with Cuba
- Do Americans think their health care costs are affordable?
- What role did Pope Francis play in U.S.-Cuba shift?
- Bob Schieffer on "bombshell" Cuba developments
- President announces thaw in U.S.-Cuba relations
- Alan Gross makes first remarks after being freed from Cuban prison
CBS News Political Hotsheet
- Justin Timberlake says second "20/20" album on the way
- Justin Timberlake planning "20/20" volume 2?
- Watch: Gary Carter's Hall of Fame speech
- Watch: White Sox manager grants sick girl's wish
- Twins' Ben Revere makes unbelievable catch
- George W. Bush dodges foul ball at Rangers game
- Juarez, Mexico - Murder Capital of the World
Latest Headlines From CBS News
- Cape Cod whale numbers are up, delighting watchers
- Cavs take Wiggins with No. 1 pick in NBA draft
- Parents of Santa Barbara victims speak out
- Australian officials reveal new details in Flight MH370 search
- Whitman's new "Machine" the key to HP's future
- Nightmare nanny won't leave home, family says
- High court checks President's recess appointment power
- Can abortion protestors be barred from clinics?
- "Phony scandals" won't get in the way of progress, Obama says
- Can Meg Whitman save HP?
- Prosecutor: Gov. Scott Walker was not target of probe
- Israel IDs 2 main suspects in teens' disappearance
- Report: Excessive drinking responsible for 1 in 10 adult deaths
- Obama: Despite "phony scandals," don't be "cynical"
- Whale numbers are up, delighting watchers
- Fireworks accidents on the rise
- Layoff notices sent to 1,100 Chicago teachers and staff
- FDA struggles to regulate fecal transplants
- Happy 40th birthday to the barcode
- Fireworks-related injuries rise as July 4th approaches