Latest Tournament News
- #TBT Mike-i-Mation: Mike And The Mad Dog Talk To President Clinton CBS Radio presents a slice of gold from the vaults of WFAN: one hot minute with Francesa, Chris Russo and then-sitting President Bill Clinton, who digs his college sports.
- Obama Celebrates UConn's Winning Basketball Teams; Player Falls Off Stage President Barack Obama welcomed the school's men's and women's basketball teams Monday for an event marking their NCAA championships. It's only the second time a school has won both titles in the same year.
- UConn Basketball Teams Celebrate National Titles In Hartford The parade is set to kick off at the state Capitol at 4 p.m. Sunday and wind its way through the downtown area before returning to the Capitol for a "victory rally."
- UConn Routs Notre Dame 79-58, Wins 9th Women's Title The Huskies routed Notre Dame 79-58 Tuesday night in the first championship game featuring undefeated teams, winning their record ninth national title.
- Nets Finish Off Sweep Of Heat, Win 88-87 The Brooklyn Nets finished off a four-game season sweep of Miami by beating the Heat 88-87 on Tuesday night.
- Shabazz Napier Lands Cover Of Sports Illustrated After UConn Wins NCAA Title SI released the cover for its April 14 issue on Tuesday, the morning after UConn beat Kentucky 60-54 for the national championship.
- Rising Star: Kentucky Guard James Young Young scored 20 points for Kentucky last night, twice as many as the next highest-scoring Wildcat, in a 60-54 loss to Connecticut. This was Young's ninth 20-plus point game and he led Kentucky with 17 in the Final Four win over Wisconsin.