More Latest Photos

Stonewall Inn Rally Against Trump Transgender Bathroom PolicyHundreds of protesters gathered Thursday night outside the Stonewall Inn to denounce President Donald Trump's reversal of his predecessor's transgender bathroom policy on Thursday, Feb. 22, 2017.
6 Rescued After Falling Into Central Park PondSix children fell through the ice at the pond in Central Park Monday, Feb. 20, 2017.
Thousands Attend ‘Not My Presidents Day’ Rally In NYCProtesters across the country are attending what’s being billed as “Not My Presidents Day” rallies, including thousands in Columbus Circle outside the Trump International Hotel
2017 NBA All-Star GamePhotos from the NBA All-Star Game on Feb. 20, 2017, in New Orleans.
Small Plane Crashes In Bayonne, New JerseyA pilot was injured when a small plane crashed in Bayonne, New Jersey on Sunday, Feb. 19, 2017.
The Art Of Food At Sotheby'sChefs from some of New York City's best eateries re-imagined classic works of art as culinary masterpieces at Sotheby's "Art Of Food" event on Feb. 4, 2017.

1. M36 says:

I bet this artist wrote his own comment as” Scott Schuste” I feel sad
    if one is so miserable that a kid like chalk scribble can make one feel
    uplifted ,Yeah one can think this “work” stinks and still have a great life
    only a teenager would put down someone that has an opposite opinion
    of waht in their estimation is art ,good or bad .

1. Scott Shuster says:

No, M36, I am not Isaac, and don’t know him. I am truly a real human being named Scott Shuster who has independently commented here after reading the article and the remarks of others.

Feeling that the posted public comments did not represent my view and also finding them to be unkind toward the artist, I chimed in with my thoughts on both the artistic initiative and the remarks of others.

Regarding your suggestion that one must first feel “miserable” prior to feeling uplifted by something humorous: This is an erroneous view.

By the way, why do you call yourself M36 instead of using your true identity?

2. Scott Shuster says:

Seeing this on the street or sidewalk would make me and many others laugh out loud and brighten our day. That’s a good thing. And yes it IS art. Avast ye depressed and hating types! Yay Isaac Brune! Steady as she goes, Yeoman! Come chalk us up here at 35th and 5th! The tourists will love it.

3. P.Wee German says:

I guess back in 1947 when I drew with chalk on the
    sidewalks of Madison Avenue as a kid ,I did not know it
    was art , Gee if only I knew then what I read now I could have been
    famous for 15 minutes.

4. MM says:

That’s a strech calling it work and calling it art,anyway he knows
    someone to get this valuable publicity,might be momsie is a publicist?

1. t.m. says:

are u doing anything better….than be annoying???

5. DOUBLE_CHINNED_PUPPETEER says:

WHAT A STUPID WORTHLESS WASTE OF WEB SPACE.