Suffolk County Police: Basement Barbecue Sickens DozensPolice on Long Island say dozens of party goers attending a basement barbecue suffered carbon monoxide poisoning.
NJ Mom, Toddler Die From Carbon Monoxide After Car Tailpipe Covered By SnowPolice also say the woman's 3-year-old daughter is hospitalized in "very critical condition."
Mother, Child Found Dead Inside East Orange Home; Carbon Monoxide SuspectedCarbon monoxide is odorless and colorless. There was a carbon monoxide detector in the home but it was inoperable, Chief of Detectives Anthony F. Ambrose said.
Heating Expert Urges Homeowners To Install Multiple CO DetectorsAirdex Heating and Cooling Company President Harvey Stoller said crews on many of their calls to fix or replace heaters have noticed a lack of carbon monoxide detectors.
2 Suffer Carbon Monoxide Poisoning In West BabylonTwo people were taken to the hospital after being exposed to high levels of carbon monoxide inside a commercial building Tuesday afternoon.
Hempstead Town Supervisor Wants Mandatory CO Detectors At Most Public PlacesOfficials on Long Island continue to push for laws requiring businesses to install carbon monoxide detectors following the death of a restaurant manager over the weekend.
Lawmaker Calls For Mandatory Carbon Monoxide Detectors Following Death At LI MallRestaurant manager Steven Nelson, 55, was found dead in the basement of Legal Sea Foods Saturday night. More than two dozen other people were sent to hospitals for treatment.
Safety Tips: Keep Your Home Safe From Carbon MonoxideCheck out these simple tips for keeping your family safe from carbon monoxide.
Carbon Monoxide Scare Nearly Turns Tragic In Hackensack, N.J.; 9 InjuredA family has been poisoned in their own home. Seven people were knocked out by toxic gas from a blocked chimney. And they weren’t the only ones affected. The house was off limits Monday night.
Spring Valley Family Uses Charcoal To Heat Home, Suffers Carbon Monoxide PoisoningA Rockland County family suffered carbon monoxide poisoning Monday while using charcoal to heat their home, according to Emergency workers.
Cops: Beloved L.I. Couple Likely Killed By Carbon MonoxideA Long Island community was in mourning Thursday night after two long-time residents were found dead. The discovery occurred during a wellness check, and carbon monoxide likely played a role in the deaths.
Kids Suffer CO Poisoning As Mom Digs Out CarA Nissan Altima nearly became a death trap on Thursday afternoon. Two children were hospitalized, one in critical condition, after being overcome by carbon monoxide gas in the Bronx.

More From CBS New York

Download Weather App
60 Minutes Hear It On Demand

Watch & Listen LIVE