CBS2-Header-Logo WFAN 1010WINS WCBS tiny WLNYLogo

carbon monoxide

Joseph Biundo on June 2, 2014. (credit: Mona Rivera/1010 WINS)

Nassau County Medic Speaks Out About Carbon Monoxide Scare At Dunkin’ Donuts

Joseph Biundo was at the shop on Glen Cove Road in Carle Place around 4 a.m. Friday when his personal carbon monoxide detector suddenly went off.

06/02/2014

FILE -- A Dunkin' Donuts store (Photo by Tim Boyle/Getty Images)

EMT With Carbon Monoxide Detector Happens Upon Leak At Long Island Dunkin’ Donuts

A customer looking for an early-morning cup of coffee at a Long Island Dunkin’ Donuts was in the right place at the right time, and with the right equipment.

06/01/2014

Carbon monoxide at this Bay Shore home caused several people to be hospitalized. (Credit: Sophia Hall/WCBS 880)

Five Hospitalized After Generator Leaks Carbon Monoxide Into Long Island Home

Police say five people are hospitalized after being sickened by carbon monoxide fumes from a generator in a Long Island home.

05/24/2014

Suffolk County officials announce May 21, 2014, that the Steve Nelson Health Act has been signed into law. (Sophia Hall/WCBS 880)

Suffolk County Executive Steve Bellone Signs Carbon Monoxide Detector Law

The Steve Nelson Safety Act comes in response to the death of a restaurant manager in February.

05/21/2014

Parents, children and emergency responders outside a day care center after a carbon monoxide incident in Pequannock, NJ on May 5, 2014. (credit: CBS 2)

At Least 33 Children Hospitalized After Carbon Monoxide Incident At Day Care Center In Pequannock, NJ

Thirty-six people — including at least 33 children — were taken to hospitals Monday after a carbon monoxide incident at a day care center in Pequannock, N.J., officials said.

05/05/2014

Three women were hospitalized in serious condition after being overcome by carbon monoxide gas in their Brooklyn home on March 25, 2014. (credit: Glenn Schuck/1010 WINS)

3 Brooklyn Women Hospitalized After Carbon Monoxide Leak

Three women are hospitalized in serious condition after being overcome by carbon monoxide gas in their Brooklyn home Tuesday morning.

03/25/2014

Boiler Recall

Thousands Of Boilers Recalled, And Homeowners May Not Know It

Thousands of homeowners – many of them on Long Island – were being warned Friday that their boiler has been recalled due to a carbon monoxide danger.

03/14/2014

Smoke fills the Nos. 1, 2 and 3 subway platform at 34th Street on Feb. 26, 2014. (credit: Mo Gelber)

34th Street-7th Avenue Subway Station Evacuated Due To Nearby Fire

Dozens of people were evacuated from a Manhattan subway station and three neighboring buildings due to a transformer fire, the Fire Department said.

02/26/2014

Town of Hempstead Supervisor holds a carbon monoxide detector as she pushes for a law requiring their use at places of public assembly, Feb. 25, 2014. (credit: Sophia Hall/WCBS 880)

Hempstead Town Supervisor Wants Mandatory CO Detectors At Most Public Places

Officials on Long Island continue to push for laws requiring businesses to install carbon monoxide detectors following the death of a restaurant manager over the weekend.

02/25/2014

Authorities outside the Legal Sea Foods at the Walt Whitman Shops in Huntington Station where a man died and dozens more were sickened by a carbon monoxide leak, Feb. 22, 2014 (credit: Jim Powers/1010 WINS)

Lawmaker Calls For Mandatory Carbon Monoxide Detectors Following Death At LI Mall

Restaurant manager Steven Nelson, 55, was found dead in the basement of Legal Sea Foods Saturday night. More than two dozen other people were sent to hospitals for treatment.

02/24/2014

SoHo Manhole Fires

Outages, Evacuations After Manhole Fires Erupt In SoHo

Flames erupted in several manholes late Monday afternoon along Broadway in SoHo.

11/04/2013

A makeshift memorial to the 3 children killed in a Friday night fire in the Bronx. (Credit CBS 2)

In Wake Of Recent Tragedies, FDNY Reminds New Yorkers To Focus On Fire Safety

Five people have been killed in house fires this week, according to the FDNY. All of those victims could have gotten out alive.

11/01/2013

An ambulance at the scene of a scare at Camp Elementary School in Merrick on Oct. 10, 2013. (credit: Mona Rivera/1010 WINS)

Smoke From Boiler Prompts Evacuation, Emergency Response At LI Elementary School

A call came in just before 2 p.m. that children at Camp Avenue Elementary School in North Merrick were complaining that they weren’t feeling well.

10/10/2013

Emergency crews respond to the Roosevelt Field Mall on June 20, 2013 (credit: Sophia Hall / WCBS 880)

Fire Marshal: Nine Poisoned By Carbon Monoxide At Roosevelt Field Mall

Emergency responders in Nassau County were on the scene of a likely carbon monoxide poisoning at Roosevelt Field Mall Thursday morning.

06/20/2013

Hotel guests were evacuated from the Holiday Inn Express in Carlstadt after high levels of carbon monoxide were detected on June 13, 2013 (credit: CBS 2)

Carbon Monoxide Scare Prompts Evacuation Of NJ Hotel

Fire department officials believe the problem may have resulted from a blockage in the hotel’s pool heater.

06/14/2013

more