As Mayor Michael Bloomberg signed a bill banning e-cigarette use indoors as one of the last pieces of legislation he approved, an opponent protested Bloomberg’s policies by lighting up a real cigarette right inside City Hall.
A teenage boyfriend and girlfriend from Brooklyn ended up severely burned, and were facing serious criminal charges Wednesday, after they allegedly had an accident trying to make a potent form of marijuana known as “earwax.”
The bills before the City Council would reduce the visibility and accessibility of cigarettes. The council’s health committee took up debate Thursday on the proposals.
A woman was stabbed in the head with a pen by a homeless man during the morning rush at Chambers Street subway station Tuesday, police said.
In case you missed CBS 2 anchor Maurice Dubois’ 11 p.m. report on the perceived dangers of third-hand smoke, here is the video and useful links.
New York Attorney General Eric Schneiderman says his office is suing six website operators, accusing them of illegally selling cigarettes to state residents.
The White Plains Hospital is rewarding its employees this Thanksgiving for quitting cold turkey.