Ten-year-old Christopher Schneider was at his Ulster Court home in Commack on Monday afternoon when he noticed the house next door was on fire.
A man was seriously injured Wednesday in a two-car crash in Commack, Long Island, Suffolk County police said.
Suffolk County police arrested a Kings Park man on Monday, on allegations that he robbed seven banks in a period of just over two weeks.
The Suffolk County Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals was offering a $2,000 reward Wednesday for information leading to an arrest in the abandonment of a pit bull behind a Wal-Mart.
The man said that he bought a German apple cake at the King Kullen for his uncle’s 96th birthday, but when the cake was cut open he found a rats tail and mold.
Suffolk County police have arrested two men in connection with a series of armed robberies that have taken place over the past week thanks to a quick thinking Nassau County Police Officer.
Scott Armstrong said it took him five months to grow the pumpkin in his backyard in Commack.
Suffolk County police on Saturday were holding a man who was caught in Buffalo, after he allegedly stole three vehicles and robbed two banks in a period of five days.
Mark Kern, 54, of Kings Park was arrested following the four-month-long Operation Green Thumb.
Twenty-year-old Clyde Ricks was arrested as he attempted to flee the scene and charged with assault, police said.
A missing elderly man from Suffolk County who suffers from dementia was found safe in New York City Wednesday night.
Prosecutors said Susan Becker took her 13 and 15-year-old children on joyrides, arming them with slingshots and soft-air guns and encouraging them to rapid fire BB pellets at parked cars in Islandia, Hauppauge and Commack.
A Suffolk County woman stood charged Saturday with encouraging her young teenage children to fire a BB gun at car the windows of parked cars.
Police said Patrick Curley, 40, was driving westbound on Route 25 in his SUV when he crashed into a Winters Brothers garbage truck that was backing out of a business.
The woman’s clothes caught fire when gas vapors emanating from a gas can were ignited by a nearby candle, police said.