Pedro Hernandez pleaded not guilty in December to the murder charge in the death of 6-year-old Etan, who disappeared on his way to a school bus stop on May 25, 1979.
The man who confessed to killing 6-year-old Etan Patz 34 years ago has asked a judge to drop the murder case against him.
The defense of a man charged with killing a 6-year-old boy in 1979 will revolve around his mental state and a false confession to the crime, but he is not pursuing an insanity defense in the sensational case, his attorney said.
Pedro Hernandez, 51, did not speak during his brief court proceeding. His lawyer said he was fit to stand trial and a judge ordered him held without bail.
Jose Ramos was released from a Pennsylvania prison Wednesday then immediately arrested on a Megan’s Law violation after providing an outdated address of where he would be residing.
Pedro Hernandez had been due in court on Oct. 1. But prosecutors announced Monday that his appearance was put off to Nov. 15 so both sides can continue to investigate “in a measured and fair manner.”
Pedro Hernandez was due in court Monday for an update as doctors assessed whether he’s mentally fit to stand trial in Etan Patz’s death. Hernandez’s appearance was put off to Oct. 1, pending an investigation.
The suspect in the killing of Etan Patz remained on suicide watch on Saturday morning. Pedro Hernandez is charged with second-degree murder in the 33-year-old killing.
- Shuttle Pavilion Update Tornado Devastates Moore,... Metro-North Derailment Repairs Bridgeport Metro-North Train...
- Eye On Manhattan World Trade Center Sunrise Construction Barges For New... Prince Harry Plays Polo In...
- Prince Harry Visits New York... Demolition Begins On Jet Star... Prince Harry Visits Jersey... Angelina Jolie Through The...
- Spire Installed Atop One... Garbage Truck Demolishes Home... Another Brick In The... Costume Gala At The Met