Melissa Brengel said the flag was taken from her home on Michael Lane in Huntington Station sometime Monday night.
Police responded to the rear of 14-19 New York Ave. at around 9:40 p.m. after a 911 caller reported that a 38-year-old man had been stabbed there.
The Steve Nelson Safety Act comes in response to the death of a restaurant manager in February.
Police on Long Island arrested a woman on DWI charges Saturday, after she allegedly crashed into a telephone pole with three children in her car and took them along as she ran off.
The incident occurred around 5 a.m. Tuesday on Hillwood Drive in Huntington Station.
A Huntington Station man has been arrested for driving while intoxicated with two children in his vehicle.
A 53-year-old employee was parking his car when he accidentally hit the gas instead of the brake and slammed through the glass window, destroying over $400,000 worth of lighting fixtures.
Police say 35-year-old James Rankin, a 1996 graduate of Walt Whitman High School, was seen on surveillance video taking photographs inside the school.
Nancy Meta Rodriguez was last seen around 10:30 a.m. on March 30. She arrived in the U.S. just two months ago and doesn’t speak English.
Youssef Abdel-Gawad was released on $25,000 bail. He must wear an ankle monitoring bracelet.
Surveillance video shows Youssef Abdel-Gawad returning fire from an apparent intruder with a gun trying to get into his Huntington Station home in August. The homeowner’s lawyer has said this is a clear case of self-defense.
Restaurant manager Steven Nelson, 55, was found dead in the basement of Legal Sea Foods Saturday night. More than two dozen other people were sent to hospitals for treatment.
The fumes were circulated in the basement by the ventilation systems at the Legal Sea Foods restaurant at the Walt Whitman Shops on Long Island, Huntington Chief Fire Marshal Terence McNally said.
A spokesperson for the Huntington Community First Aid Squad told 1010 WINS that an employee of the restaurant Legal Sea Foods at the Walt Whitman Mall in Huntington Station was killed by the odorless gas.
The fire broke out around 11:45 p.m. Thursday at a home on Fourth Avenue in Huntington Station.