Manhole Cover Tears Through Floor Of MTA Bus In The BronxThe incident took place at around noon Tuesday at 170th Street and Inwood Avenue.
Park Slope Buildings Evacuated Following Manhole FireAccording to fire department officials, carbon monoxide levels started to rise and the buildings were evacuated as a precaution.
Upper East Side Neighborhood Calls For City To Fix Troublesome Manhole CoverAs a foreign correspondent for Newsweek, Richard Chesnoff survived wars and riots. Yet he said it was a brush with a New York City sidewalk that left him wounded -- 23 stitches in the ankle and a bruise on his leg.
10-Year-Old Boy Rescued After Falling Into Manhole In BrooklynThe incident happened on the corner of 49th Street and 13th Avenue in Borough Park around 8:45 a.m. Tuesday.
Midtown Building Partially Evacuated Due To Transformer FireOfficials are evacuating some floors of 140 West 51st Street due to concerned over high levels of carbon monoxide in the smoke.
5 Sent To Hospital After Manhole Fires Erupt In QueensIt happened just after 1 a.m. at the intersection of 75th Street and 88th Avenue in Woodhaven.
New Rochelle High School Dismissed Early After Manhole Fire Forces EvacuationAround 10:30 a.m., a fire broke out in an underground vault just behind the main school building.
Emergency Service Officers Rescue Baby Deer Stuck In Mount Sinai ManholeOh deer. Talk about a feel-good story.
Five Manholes Catch Fire In Harlem, Knocking Out Power To Hi-RiseCon Ed says two cables caught fire on Amsterdam Avenue from 131st Street to 133rd Street. The fire caused some of the manhole covers to blow off, Con Ed said.
Fire At Inwood Building, Terror Target In 1970, Leaves 12 Firefighters InjuredResidents who were home at the time say they heard what sounded like fireworks and then saw sparks shooting outside their windows.
Jersey City Manhole Rescue Turns Out To Be False AlarmTurns out it was a false alarm. After spending three hours scrambling to rescue what was believed to be a man who fell down a manhole in Jersey City, rescuers came up with garbage.
Tarrytown Faulted In Manhole Suffocation Deaths The village of Tarrytown endangered its workers -- including two men who died in a manhole -- by allowing them to enter dangerous spaces without proper training and equipment, the state Labor Dept. said Friday.