Former NFL kicker Lawrence Tynes has filed a lawsuit against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers over a MRSA infection he contracted in a toe on his kicking foot, prematurely ending his career.
A third student on the same sports team at Rocky Point High School on Long Island has been diagnosed with the bacterial infection known as MRSA.
Two students in the Rocky Point Union Free School District on Long Island have now contracted dangerous MRSA infections, the school district announced Monday.
The Suffolk County Health Department is providing guidance to the school and coaches have passed out printed information to student athletes on how to avoid infection.
With concern over Ebola and Enterovirus-68 increasing, health experts are looking for ways to prevent the infection from spreading.
The FDNY is taking steps to prevent infection after more than a dozen probationary firefighters were diagnosed with the drug-resistant staph infection called MRSA.
A number of probationary New York City firefighters are on medical leave after contracting a drug-resistant staph infection commonly known as MRSA, officials said.
Researchers exposed six airplane surfaces to both bacterias. The exposed surfaces included arm rests, leather seats, tray tables, seat pockets, window shades, and toilet handles.
Officials were concerned that the bacterial infection Methicillin-Resistant Staphylococcus Aureus, better known as MRSA, turned up at the Lewis and Clark Special Education School on Tratman Avenue on Tuesday.
A commuter student at Farmingdale State College contracted the bacterial infection Methicillin-Resistant Staphylococcus Aureus, better known as MRSA, school officials said.
A college student on Long Island has been treated for the bacterial infection Methicillin-Resistant Staphylococcus Aureus, better known as MRSA.
Steinert High School in Hamilton Township, near Trenton, is where students, teachers and staff are all getting a crash course in hardcore hygiene.
A student athlete at Babylon High School is being treated at home with antibiotics after being diagnosed with MRSA.
Chanukkah came a bit early this year for one Brooklyn family.
A health alert has been issued to parents and students at Hauppauge High School after health officials confirmed another case of MRSA. It has left parents saying not again.