Diallo, once described as “brave” and “unwavering” by prosecutors, left the meeting dissatisfied. According to court papers filed Monday, District Attorney Cyrus R. Vance, Jr. will recommend that all charges be dismissed.
The lawyer for the woman who accused former International Monetary Fund head Dominique Strauss-Kahn of sexual assault reportedly said Saturday that he believes prosecutors plan to dismiss some or all of the charges.
Prosecutors are looking into whether the maid’s lawyers and Strauss-Kahn’s attorneys talked about a potential deal after prosecutors developed doubts about her credibility, sources said.
NBC says the season opener of “Law & Order: Special Victims Unit” will deal with an Italian dignitary accused of rape.
Lawyers for Diallo said their client faces a difficult recovery from an encounter with ex-International Monetary Fund boss Dominique Strauss-Kahn that left her violated, humiliated and degraded.
A hotel maid who accused Dominique Strauss-Kahn of sexual assault, briefly spoke Thursday afternoon to group of supporters in Brooklyn.
Attorney Kenneth Thompson said Wednesday that the meeting went well, and focused on tapes of two conversations his client had with an incarcerated friend shortly after Strauss-Kahn’s arrest.
Strauss-Kahn’s lawyers said Tuesday they’d agreed to put off the Aug. 1 date to Aug. 23. They say they hope that by then, prosecutors will have decided to dismiss the case.
After nearly two months of silence, the woman accusing Dominique Strauss-Kahn of trying to rape her at a luxury Manhattan hotel is speaking out.
Nafissatou Diallo accused Dominique Strauss-Kahn back in May. The scandal forced him to resign post as head of the International Monetary Fund, but earlier this month, prosecutors questioned the accuser’s credibility, saying she told them a series of lies.