Although the TCU-Utah matchup doesn’t scream prestige or history, make no mistake, this is by far the biggest game of week 10.
10. Nebraska (7-1): The Cornhuskers dispelled the myth of the Missouri Tigers on Saturday…
10. Ohio State (7-1): Unfortunately, Ohio State will need for a million things to go their way for them to accomplish the goals they had coming into the season.
The unbeaten Tigers (8-0) vaulted from fourth to the top spot Sunday, putting the Southeastern Conference in line for a fifth straight appearance in the national title game.
Auburn jumped two spots to No. 3 behind top-ranked Oregon and Boise State in the media poll Sunday, and Missouri vaulted 11 spots to No. 7.
10. Utah (6-0): It’s just not the record that impresses me – because they don’t play the best of competition – it’s the team, and the way they play on both sides of the ball.
The Ducks climbed to the top spot for the first time Sunday, moving up one position during an off week after previously top-ranked Ohio State lost 31-18 at Wisconsin on Saturday night.
10. Michigan State (6-0): The Spartans are another team that made a huge statement on Saturday with their convincing win over rival Michigan at the Big House.
There’s a new No. 1 team in Ohio State and uncertainty at the top of the rankings for the first time all season, after Alabama’s 19-game winning streak ended at South Carolina.
10. Arkansas (3-1): I put the Razorbacks ahead of teams such as Utah, Miami and Stanford because they are more deserving.
1. Alabama (4-0): The Tide got a big scare from Arkansas. But what doesn’t kill them only makes them stronger.
Alabama, hands down the best team in the country. As Joe Paterno would tell you, there’s no stopping the Tide.