Fog And Light Rain On Tap For Monday
NEW YORK (CBS 2) — Soupy weather was expected to kick off the new work week.
“There’s some fog and some rain and cooler numbers. It’s a big change from yesterday. It was just sublime over your Saturday and Sunday,” said CBS 2HD’s meteorologist John Elliott.
“More moisture and a weak front is just enough to stir up the atmosphere and bring in these clouds,” he said.
Monday’s high will reach 58, which is higher than the normal 53, and far short of the record 80 set back in 1993.
“Parts of Orange County, Sussex County, Morris County, pushing into Essex County, you’re going to see a little bit of rain. Some light rain as well into parts of Connecticut,” Elliott said.
This light band of rain is only a prelude to heavier precipitation later in the week. “Round two is well to the south. A more organized system will ride a front into our area, so more active weather Tuesday afternoon,” Elliott said.
The greatest chance for heavier rain Tuesday is by the evening hours. The rain will stick around through Wednesday morning.
- Tuesday: High 58, Low 54
- Cloudy. Scattered sprinkles in the morning, then a chance of rain in the afternoon. Highs in the upper 50s. Southeast winds around 5 mph. Chance of rain 50 percent.
- Wednesday: High 61, Low 41
- Cloudy in the morning, then becoming partly sunny. A 40 percent chance of showers. Breezy with highs in the lower 60s. South winds 10 to 15 mph, becoming west 15 to 20 mph in the afternoon.
- Thursday: High 56, Low 36
- Partly sunny. Highs in the mid 50s.
- Friday: High 50, Low 36
- Sunny. Highs around 50.
- IN OTHER NEWS…