Charlie Sheen’s Kids Removed From Home

Actor Says Soon-To-Be Ex-Wife's Allegations 'Just Silly'

NEW YORK (CBS 2) — Charlie Sheen had no warning when police officers showed up at his door Tuesday night with a court order authorizing them to take his children.

charlie sheens twin sons Charlie Sheens Kids Removed From Home

Charlie Sheen's Twin Sons (credit: CBS 2)

“It was revealed once I opened the door that they were there to remove Bob and Max,” Sheen said during an interview on the “Today” show.

Sheen, who has opened his life to the cameras this week, may have gone too far in displaying his antics and speaking his mind.

Tuesday night, Sheen talked about how it was all affecting his children, saying “hey kids, your dad’s a rock star. Look at his experiences. Look at what he survived,” he said.

Hours after that interview was broadcast, however, his twin sons were taken from him, the latest and very public development in a heated custody battle between himself and soon-to-be ex-wife Brooke Mueller.

PHOTO GALLERIES: Charlie Sheen Through The Years | Charlie Sheen Taken To New York-Presbyterian

The mother of the twin boys, Brooke Mueller, alleged that Sheen threatened her during a phone call Sunday night. In court papers she claimed Sheen told her “I will cut your head off, put it in a box and send it to your mom.”

“Anybody can make such a claim, I don’t know. It’s just silly, and I think she’s latching on to some of this recent press,” Sheen told reporters.

Attorney Steve Mandel told CBS 2’s Don Dahler lightening raids like the one to get Sheen’s children were not unusual in custody cases.

“Typically, you don’t tip off the other side because that person could theoretically abscond with the child,” he said.  Mandel also added that Sheen’s behavior will factor in to what will happen with his children.

“What he admitted doing is certainly relevant,” Mandel said.

The sit-com star insisted that his life with his two girlfriends, whom he calls the goddesses, is better for his boys than any other alternative. He said his children were never around during his wild parties.

“There’s nothing to hide. As I said, there’s nothing but love and compassion and absolute support for these amazing children,” Sheen said.

What do you think? Leave a comment below…

Psychologist and addiction expert Dr. Harris Stratyner said Sheen’s calmer demeanor during the NBC interview did “not necessarily” mean he was well.

“It could mean that he is taking something to calm down. It could mean that he’s crashing,”  Stratyner said.

Because of Sheen’s latest meltdown, CBS executives halted production of his hit sitcom “Two and a Half Men” for this season.

And Tuesday, the CEO of the network, Les Moonves, fired back at his star. “He is on the air quite a bit these days. I wish he would have worked this hard to promote himself for an Emmy.”

Sheen was briefly hospitalized Oct. 26 after security at the luxury Plaza Hotel reported he was disorderly and had broken furniture in his room. He voluntarily went with authorities for a psychiatric evaluation and was released from the hospital the same day. His publicist, Stan Rosenfield, said at the time that Sheen had an adverse reaction to medication.

Comments

1. The Truth of the Matter says:

I hope his sons never have to see that pitiful excuse for a human being again. Mr. Sheen should be ground up and used for dog food…

2. The Universe says:

Charlie Sheen is a steaming pile of dung.

3. Martin Sheen says:

My son is a disgrace.

4. The Chief says:

A report from prison says that, after seeing Sheen’s interview on TV, Charles Manson said, “That dude is crazy!!!”

5. liz says:

Leave him alone, it’s turned into a media circus.
    he’ll be fine, give him a chance.
    He’ll be better than ever, I have complete confidence in Charlie. He’s so creative! And YES he’s “out there” but you know what HE SAYS WHAT’S ON HIS MIND!!!!!

6. Emilio says:

Charlie Sheen should be removed from this planet

7. Retired old Man says:

Ssheen is a nutcase drug addict and is clarly a danger to himself and others. Plck him up on a 5150 and hold him in a mental institution. And most of all quit listening to him and printing everything he says. He is making a fool out of himself and it’s embarrassing to observe.

8. Greg in NJ says:

Charlie Sheen….Lindsay Lohan….all of you overpaid, childish, dopers of hollywood,………just go away…

1. Retired44 says:

Right On!

2. bahianut says:

you are so right tired of all this hoopla cause you want to get drunk…and then when you get caught we have to listen to how you think that you are the best piece of s–t that ever walked. In this climate with people who are out of work and no jobs for 2 years you hear charlie sheen say he wants more money to party. With a toupe and veneers its seems he has done enough parting. He should never be allowed to have his kids in the same city with him.

9. Ellen says:

Not for anything but I’m by now getting sick and tired of hearing anything and everything about Charlie Sheen.

10. badman says:

This morning while in a meditated trance, I was visited by Ram Das, who appeared in the form of Rand Paul but had the voice of 1 million angels, and told me that Charlie Sheen is the reincarnation of Jim Morrison. If you wish to follow me, mail one dollar.

11. Trishe says:

To addicts, attention is what they seek. The media continues to give the attention and Charlie Sheen continues to get high. Shame on the media!!! its hard enough for a family to cope. So, I ask AGAIN, why is this news worthy??

12. Sheela says:

So true, Ken. Perhaps this would wake him up to getting real help & changing: His family can have him left at the morque overnight on a cart in one of those drawers butt naked, have a wake with him tied down in the coffin the next morning & a funeral, close the (air) casket & bury him for a little bit.

13. supernova says:

This guy’s like the dog in the middle of the ring. Everybody taking shots from all sides. Back off and let the dust settle. Then the deafening silence around him may just bring this thing into perspective for him. With some close friends and family as well as some well trained professionals at his SIDE, he may be able to salvage at least his life. Free your mind, the rest will follow. But if these people really care about him, stop going public and attacking. Let his rants fall on deaf ears and let him realize nobody is listening. Why give this out of control fire any more fuel. I absolutely LOVE what Charlie Sheen has done in his movie and television career. Can’t wait to see him feeling well and back to what he does best. Back to your neutral corners…

14. bf says:

This guy makes news and you care. Get a life

15. Trudy minicozzi says:

I truly believe this is no longer sheen this is the drugs talking I have seen this in other people they really believe their in control when their so far gone they need to drop to the bottom and ask for help ,the drugs make them feel their god, this life style he is living will not change until he is in rehab or in the ground all this will Not end and I don’t mean home help or some test that says neg .you don’t have to be a doc. To see sheen is not himself I’m hoping this does not end in a bad way for someone other then sheen for him to open up for real help but the truth is 9 times out of 10 someone else ends up hurt Or dead because of his ways.

1. Anthony says:

his tests showed up negative…blood and urine…you cant fake a blood test!

16. Sue S. says:

I liked Charlie Sheen for a long time, but not he makes me ill. He is such a narcisist that he goes through life stepping on people’s lives and jobs without a care….it’s all about him.

Charlie…you disgust me.

1. Charlie Sheen says:

Sue,

You know you want me, just admit it.

1. dave e says:

charlie,

you know i want your wife and she wants me, just admit it!

17. taraannrose says:

I know plenty of out of control parents that have double lives and have addiction problems far worse than Charlie Sheen and they just dont have the spotlight on them every day.
    In fact, the more people obsses over celebrities the more they fail to get help themselves.
    I just think Charlie needs to leave Hollywood and live someplace where he can be a regular guy and not feel provoked to “one up’ every story.
    Hollywood uses people and then cant explain why they self destruct.

18. TIARA says:

charlie sheen or any ohter adult hollywood junkie!you are just too old for this drama…..why waste your life?there are many out there fighting for life,no house for shelter,no food to eat….but they value LIFE!hey mr. sheen WAKE UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1. Sonny says:

Well said Tiara. When this whole drama originally started, I wished I could call Charlie Sheen and say “Hey Charlie, come live my life for a few week’s and see what it’s like. I guarantee you will be more appreciative of the good fortune you have been lucky enough to obtain”.

19. Ba Ba Booey says:

CBS should give Howard Stern the credit for getting the interview.

20. C.J. says:

His life makes for a good reality show.

21. Mr. Armenia says:

They no right removing taking away his children. This is a violation of Mr. Sheen’s civil rights.

1. Mr. Troll says:

Hainis Painis.

2. Mr. Sensible says:

Idiot

3. phil82 says:

yes they have the right because his estranged wife got custody of their children. and I understand why she got it, I wouldn’t want my kids living with him until he has his ‘deamons’ sorted out.

1. Mr. Armenia says:

you are just railroading him because he a drug problem
        Shame On You

2. Sue S. says:

You’re right, Phil82. My ex was a bad alcoholic who would do anything to hurt me…including hurting my kids. That’s why you hear those stories in the news about a parent killing their children…you just can’t understand how they could do it. Well, the reason is they just want to hurt the ex.

Sheen is an idiot spoiled rotten hollywood self-indulging brat.

4. the2som says:

Mr. Armenia you are a complete A$$. Civil RIghts? Get Real my friend, in a drunken/drug induced state those kids of his are is more DANGER than you are STUPID!

22. Doc says:

I’m sorry but smoking cocaine it’s called smoking CRACK. Charlie Sheen is a CRACK head. Last night 20/20 seemed very familiar remember Whitney Houston Crack is cheap. I don’t understand why people are not stating the obvious he is a CRACK head. Yes people White people smoke CRACK. However when it’s a white person doing it (Charlie Sheen) we say he is smoking cocaine. But, when it’s a black person doing it (Whitney Houston) we say it’s crack. People a CRACK HEAD is a CRACK. If you smoke cocaine base it’s CRACK. Get real

1. Ta'isha Crump says:

Doc,

Charlie Sheen is Mexican.

23. JoAnn says:

Charlie Sheen is so out of control at this point, he should not have custody or unsupervised visitation with ANY of his children. What kind of idiot goes on a live interview and proudly shows off the two money-hungry gold diggers, sorry Goddesses and has his two-year old sons living with them in this drug-infested brothel?!?! At least Sam & Bob’s mother is trying to deal with her addictions – while their father is flaunting his! His interview about the twins being taken away last night was interesting – he sure didn’t act like the Rock Star God with Tiger Blood this morning!

24. Mary says:

Sheen is a narcissist. He may be a drug addict, bipolar, etc., but narcissism is his main diagnosis.

Narcissism is a personality disorder characterized by a “feeling of omnipotence”, a belief of “being special”. It is also a disorder, not an illness. If you read about it, it is rarely treatable (and only if the narcissist accepts the diagnosis and works on it), and never curable.

Narcissists will do anything, ANYTHING to get the “High”, or the feeling of importance. This includes destroying people along the way, hurting or injuring those they love, and ruining other’s careers and lives. They have no remorse, because they do not understand remorse. They have no limits, because limits do not apply to someone with their importance. They have no ability to empathize with someone elses feelings, because they have no feelings.

A narcissist leads a lonely, chaotic life. May Sheen do so without hurting his children, girlfirends, or anyone else.

1. peg says:

Mary you are 100% correct. I’ve been waiting for someone to use that word. My brother is a narcissist and I saw reflections of him in Sheen last night. Unfortunately by definition it is rarely treatable because that would require the person to seek help. Narcissists don’t seek help because they see themselves as invincible and never in need of help. It’s a vicious cycle.

And yes, let’s pray that the ex-wives can safely sheild their children from him.

1. Mr. Troll says:

I shall eet ur boobehs.

25. Tammy Boyd says:

It is sad that that sheen has had his children taken away but i belive it is in the best instrest of the children i havent followed every report but read & seen enough to know that sheen is not recovered his mental status & the commetes he makes to the press & on his twitter shows that sheen has a way to go still in his recovery process it takes time, i know this from experiance not as as addict but as a wife of a addict, i lived through this hellish addiction for 16 years, and watched as my ex-husband as he went back and forth with his addiction getting clean & then slipping back & one thing i can say is that getting clean is a humbuling & sheen is not humbled at all when he is really recovered it will be seen by his words & actions and for now sheen is not recovered he is no where near humbled he thinks he is gold & thinks he is above or better than people & things you can see that sheen is no where near being recovered it takes time for the thought process to even be back into realty wich anyone can plainly see he his not, I do wish him well & hope that he does seek and recive professional help & as he should from past experiance of recovery he can not do this alone he needs support & help from doctors who have studied this addiction i feel for his family and friends as i know this is a hellish experiance & i hope he gets help before it is to late before somthing bad happens or his children grow up not knowing their father or maby they will know him as a addict and they will start to see and understand as they get older & then he will be explaining to his children why they are more mentaly mature & in realty at 17 than he is at the age of 55 or 60, no one is above adiction and can not do this on their own and when sheen finally hits rock bottom and hopfully he dosent before he relizes this but probly will then mabey he will and can finally recover and get better for good i hope the best for him and his family

26. KL, From NJ says:

Sad. Se what my buddy Tom thinks. He even sings the TWO AND A HALF MEN theme!

27. Jill says:

He is a strong-willed, Hollywood brat experiencing mid-life crisis at it’s worst. Nothing is going to change Mr. Sheen short of his own enlightenment (which clearly he THINKS he’s already achieved) or death (which he thinks is for fools). I don’t like to see anyone suffer, even someone as ego-driven as him. I hope for the best for him. We saw Robert Downy, Jr. turn it all around beautifully, but I don’t think he was ever this bad off.

28. the2som says:

Sick? Yes, but he has no desire to “get well”. He can’t see he is doing wrong because he is “sicik”, however that doesn’t excuse him from his actions.

29. RICH & TINA says:

WE HAVE BEEN WATCHING CHARLIE SHEEN SINCE THE VERY BEGINNING. WHEN TWO AND A HALF MEN CAME FIRST CAME OUT MANY YEARS AGO, INSTANTLY WE HAD A NEW COMEDY TO WATCH EVERY WEEK, LAUGHTER IS GREAT FOR THE SOUL. TAKING THIS SHOW OFF PERMANENTLY WOULD BE DEVASTATING TO ALL OF THE FANS. WE WOULD QUIT WATCHING THE OTHER SITCOMS THAT ARE ALSO CREATED BY THE SOME OF THE SAME PEOPLE AND NETWORKS. THAT WOULD HURT EVERYONE NOT JUST CHARLIE, WHICH IT LOOKS LIKE THAT IS WHAT THEY ARE TRYING TO DO. THEY ARE THINKING OF THEMSELVES AND NOT EVERYONE ELSE INVOLVED; THE FANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHAT THE CELEBRITIES DO IN THEIR PRIVATE LIVES IS NONE OF OUR BUSINESS. THEIR LIVES ARE NEVER PRIVATE AGAIN ONCE THEY DECIDED TO WORK IN THE PUBLIC EYE, BUT THEY ENTERTAIN US AND THAT IS WHAT WE LIKE. EVERYONE HAS MADE MISTAKES AND DONE STUPID THINGS, BUT BECAUSE WE ARE NOT IN THE LIMELIGHT LIGHT, SO TO SPEAK, NOBODY FINDS OUT. WE HOOPE THAT THEY DECIDE THE RIGHT THING TO DO IS START THE SHOW BACK UP, WHICH IS WHAT THE PUBLIC WANTS. WE LIKE HUMOR, WE LIKE CHARLIE SHEEN, AND OF COURSE, WE LIKE “TWO AND A HALF MEN”. WE WISH YOU THE BEST CHARLIE AND THE BEST TO YOUR FAMILY. GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR TWINS.

1. Debbie says:

If not seeing the show is going to be so detrimental to you, watch Reruns. It is on everyday. I think it is horrible of people to want CBS to cave in and take Charlie back just so they can watch a show. It was not the writers or producer or any of the other actors on that show that had to keep taking time off for rehab or some other reason. You think they should just “look the other way” at what he is doing to himself? If they did that and something happens, it would be people like you blaming them for not helping Sheen earlier, or that they should have done what they just have, which is shut down the show! I feel for the rest of the cast and crew too, but this is not the shows fault. It is Sheen who keeps messing up. I think CBS did the right thing in stopping all this, just like I feel they are being the bigger “person” by not getting into all the media hype that Charlie has started.

30. RS says:

It was shocking to learn that his two children were living with him in his “brothel” at the time of these interviews. All custody should be shut down completely for this loser. He’s a racing, out of control train and the brick wall is just around the bend. He is NOT sexy, funny, bawdy, smart like he thinks he is. Charlie, you’re just a plain and simple aging loser, drug addicted celebrity. Nothing more.

1. Brooke Mueller says:

Hey, that’s my hubby you be bad-mouthin’. You best be shuttin’ yore mouth, if’n you know what’s good for you.

31. Jackieo says:

Put Charlie up in prayer and his family too. He is clearly sick and needs help, pray for that.

32. Debbie says:

He is in the same place as John Belushi was before he died. Anyone who remembers Belushi, or has read Woodward’s book about his life would be able to see the similarities between Charlie Sheen and John Belushi. Belushi also believed he was invincible, was a rock star, and at the end had questionable people in his life (Cathy Smith) that he leaned on to give him advice. Sheen has his “goddesses”, and other people that are hanging on to him for his money and living in his house with him. All they are doing is using him but he cannot see it. They will continue to use him until he either wakes up and kicks them to the curb, or he dies. I feel sorry for Sheen, even though in his eyes I am one of those “fools, trolls, weak people” in AA. But I have over 9 years clean and sober, who knows how many days (if any) he has? And do not talk to me about him “passing a drug test”. When I was using, and had to take a random drug test for work I would just stop by the health store on the way to the diagnostic facility where I would be taking the test. I would ask the health store employee for “something to cleanse my system fast”. They would then reach under the counter and give me a bottle of stuff with Creatine in it, and I would drink it, fill the bottle back up with water and drink that. It would clean out my system of any drugs for about 3 hours. Plenty of time to take the test. And I NEVER failed a drug test, never. Whatever is in that stuff masks anything that would show up. Sometimes I was using on the way to take the test! And I never failed. If I can get my hands on that stuff, I am sure Mr. Sheen can.

33. the2som says:

Way to go Hollywood for producing yet another JUNKIE, aahhhh “fame” Isn’t is great!

My heart goes out to his children and his poor family. His father must be so proud of him, yea right.

34. EILEEN COLAGRANDE says:

its a shame that such a talented person can be so mixed up. he should see a therapist before it’s to late like michael jackson. HE COMES FROM A WONDERFUL FAMILY HIS FATHER IS A GREAT ACTOR. I KNOW IT MUST BE KILLING HIS FAMILY TO SEE HIM LIKE THIS HE HAD A GREAT CAREER AHEAD OF HIM. PLEASE GET SOME HELP BEFORE IT’S TO LATE.

1. Anynomus says:

He is but it went to his head. He is arrogant,pompous and acts like a nut. he is also selfish i mean i understand his ordeal but seriously after his rehab he should have just took it like a man, he did not thing about all of the actors that may loose there jobs because of the way he is acting. There are other ways to get attentio0n and he is going so to the extreme that he may loose everything.

2. Martin Sheen says:

How the eff would u know if my family is wonderful?

1. bahianut says:

like that comment martin …the fact is we don’t know if your family is wonderful. We just know that you are a wonderful actor. That is not enough to say it was wonderful we weren’t there.

35. WhoopsItHappenedAgain says:

Is Sheen young enough to be considered Gary Busey’s illegitimate son?

36. skip huber says:

time to make the show ONE and a half men

37. John Anthony Jordan says:

Sheen and Mel Gibson should get married to one another….they are absolutely THE PERFECT couple!

38. Dominic mutie says:

This man is sick. Cant people see!

39. Birdgirl says:

Definitely severe bi-polar disorder. Charlie, save yourself from yourself and see a shrink

40. NY Commentator says:

He’s as delusional as Moammar Ghadafi.

41. Steven says:

This is a guy who is manic depressive…He used cocaine and other drugs to self medicate himself. I believe his porn / rock star loving lifestyle will come crashing down much sooner than later. CBS is right by canceling the show because there is no way any work could get done.

42. Karen says:

I wondered if Child Services was watching and ready to take his kids…and how this man even has unsupervised visitation…God help and protect his kids…

43. Chris says:

I agree with the one commentor….Charlie Sheen is having a nervous breakdown. Hope he has people around him to keep everyone safe.

44. Paula says:

I believe Mr. Sheen is having a nervous breakdown.

45. Linda says:

Charlie needs permanent de-tox treatment and therapy – It is very sad to see some one so talented on a self-destructive path.

46. Nancy says:

He is going to crash and burn any minute now. If Denise Richards has any brains, she won’t leave her daughters with him.

I applaud CBS for doing the right thing and pulling the plug on this narcissistic, lunatic.

1. Jiggedy-jiggedy says:

“If Denise Richards has any brains”

Now that is comedy gold, right there!

47. Cathy says:

This is all so sad. Charlie Sheen is letting his drug and sex addictions ruin his life. Thankfully, his kiids were removed until/if he gets his life together. I also think he is a narcassist and I wonder how he would like it if someone treated and threatened his mom or sister the way he treats the women he is involved with. I’ve yet to hear of him threatening to harm a man. What a coward.

48. Bill says: