NEW YORK (WFAN) – Jets fans may have one less thing to worry about. According to SNY and FoxSports.com’s Adam Schein, Randy Moss won’t be anywhere near the Gang Green clubhouse next season.
“A reliable league source tells FOXSports.com that the Jets have ‘no interest’ in bringing in the talented but troubled wideout,” wrote Schein.
Multiple reports early this week indicated the Jets were “seriously intrigued” by the New England castoff. Coach Rex Ryan even touted Moss’ playmaking abilities at last month’s NFL owners’ meetings.
Says Schein: “Sources tell FOXSports.com that coach Rex Ryan talked in glowing terms about Moss as a way to motivate Jets free agent Santonio Holmes.”
Holmes was critical of offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer after the Jets’ AFC Championship loss to the Pittsburgh Steelers in January. Nothing had been said since — until this past weekend.
“I was being critical of not starting in the game,” Holmes said on Saturday. “However anybody wants to take it, whoever it was taking a shot at, that’s that. I was being critical of not starting in the AFC Championship Game and I was frustrated. I was very upset that I didn’t play for 10 plays. It probably made the biggest difference in how we played.”
Jets general manager Mike Tannenbaum said in January he would like to bring back all three free agent receivers — Holmes, Braylon Edwards and Brad Smith.
Are you relieved, or do you want the Jets to be interested in Moss? Let us know in the comments below!