Accuser Offers Stunning Testimony In Rape Trial Of NYPD Officers Moreno, Mata

Describes In Graphic Detail Alleged Encounter With Cop

NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — For the first time after the alleged rape more than two years ago, Officer Kenneth Moreno and Officer Franklin Mata came face to face with their accuser.

Moreno is accused of then raping the woman while Mata served as a lookout.

The 29-year-old fashion executive was very emotional when she took the stand, reliving that night in December 2008. The young woman described a day and night of drinking with friends to celebrate her new job in California.

1010 WINS’ Glenn Schuck With More On The 20-Minute Audio Tape Played By Prosecutors

She claimed to begin drinking at noon, leading to a night of champagne, Jägermeister and vodka.

The woman said she was so drunk she has no memories of how she arrived at her East Village apartment later that evening.

WCBS 880’s Irene Cornell On The Emotional Day In Manhattan Supreme Court

Testifying she blacked out numerous times, the victim said she did recall two police officers helping her out of a cab and leading her up to her apartment.

Of her few memories, the woman said she remembers being shaken out of her stupor by someone rolling her tights down her legs. She said she heard clothes rustling and Velcro ripping before passing out one more time.

“I woke up to being penetrated from behind,” she said.

The woman said she was helpless and could not cry out for help.

“I was so intoxicated, I was dead weight. I couldn’t move, or do, or say anything,” she said.

Assistant District Attorney Coleen Balbert broke up the questioning to play surveillance video of the woman and the officers, from two different angles outside her building, reports CBS 2’s Pablo Guzman. All of it was obviously painful. The jury was riveted as the woman broke down several times, clutching tissues, struggling to continue. Then came her recollection of waking the next day.

“I remember lying face down on the bed. I was naked except for my bra,” she said.

When asked how often she sleeps naked, the woman said, “Never! I saw the light from the morning … and I felt the shock of the rape. I felt like I had been penetrated. My body felt like someone had sex with me.”

Late in the day a 20-minute audio tape was played for the jury.  It was made ten days after the incident as the accuser wore a wire and confronted Moreno outside of the 9th Precinct.

“You’re asking me to admit to something that never happened,” Moreno said on tape.

“Did you use a condom?” the woman asked.

“Yes, yes I did,” Moreno replied.

Earlier in the trial, the jury heard 911 tapes after prosecutors said Moreno and Mata called police pretending to be citizens and reported phony situations that required police attention in order to keep themselves in the vicinity of the East 13th Street building where the alleged rape occurred.

PREVIOUS STORY: Jurors Hear 911 Calls Of Moreno, Mata Reportedly Impersonating Citizens In NYPD Rape Case

More from Hazel Sanchez
Comments

1. kendra says:

will i pray that i hope they pay for what they did to that woman cause right now she,ll have to be under a microscope for what they did to her when she didn,t even do anything wrong what so ever…in other words why do we always have to be the bad guys*women*cause we wanted to have a good time…

2. ?????? says:

No matter how intoxicated you are, nobody deserves to get sexually assaulted. Who cares if she started drinking at 12, you think her drinking at 6p.m. she wouldn’t have got drunker faster? I feel bad for the psychological and emotional mental abuse this lady is going to go through the rest of her life. Rape is a war in our country and every 2minutes a woman is being sexually assaulted. I guarantee some is someone you might work with, a cousin, aunt, uncle, brother, sister, mom, dad, or even a close friend. I have been fortunate to not have such a dramatic experience like this happen. Though, I’m only 20yrs. old and I know more than a dozen woman within my small-town community that it has happen to.

3. Ret. JBC says:

IT IS VERY SAD TO SEE SO MANT PIECES OF FECAL MATTER WHO CALL THEMSELVES HUMANS TO DEHUMANIZE THIS WOMAN WHO WENT OUT TO HAVE A GOOD TIME. IT IS OBVIOUS BY THE EVIDENCE THAT THESE TWO COLOSTOMY BAGS WHO CALLED THEMSELVES COPS RAPED HER. LOOK AT THE EVIDENCE. I WAS A COP FOR 20 YEARS, 9 OF THOSE YEARS AS A SGT. NO-NOT AUXILARY – THE REAL DEAL. 1. FAKE CALL, 2. MULTIPLE ENTRIES TO THE HOUSE, 3. THE ADMISSION ON TAPE, 4. HER CLAIMS = GUILTY!! YOU FOOLS WHO ARE PRETENDING TO DISCREDIT HER BECAUSE YOU ARE FECAL MATTER.

4. I DON'T WANT TO DIE IN EAST NY says:

IS THIS THE FIRST AID THAT THEY TEACH IN THE POIICE ACADEMY?!!!!????

5. DR. MENGLE,GOT TWINS? says:

GEE WIZ MOMMY..I WISH I CAN GET RAPED AND SODOMIZED BY A FIREMAN OR POLICE MAN..IF THEY ARE BLACK ..SO MUCH THE BETTER..IF THEY ARE FROM NYC..BONUS $$$$

6. Todd Flanders says:

Moral of story: If you get blind-ass sh!t-faced drunk, and don’t have a wingman to keep you safe, bad things can and will happen to you.

1. Lola says:

I hope you’re not insinuating that she deserved what happened to her?

7. hatebacon says:

cops have no right to take advantage of a drunk person for any reason let alone rape.

the video will prove she was in capable of giving consent.

go to jail

8. Richard Higer says:

Will you people wake up?
    The woman has the right to drink alcohol….and to get as drunk as she wished she didn’t pose a threat to anyone but herself .
    These two jerkoff cops are a disgrace to themselves, the Police Force and to their families.
    They saw an attractive woman in distress, They saw
    a vulnerable woman and a chance to have sex with a person they believed couldn’t stop them. Or wouldn’t.
    They deserve to receive crimin and jail time.al records, dismissal from the force

9. druffinit says:

She can’t pretend she didn’t like it after she did it. Lots of drunk girls like to have sex when they are drunk, everyone knows that. The cops thought, hey she’s drunk, she wants to have sex. She didn’t say no, so they did it. Now, she’s embarrassed because she was drunk, and she wants to sue the police department after this is over. These cops are innocent – it’s a man/woman thing. They didn’t want to beat her up or restrain her. They just wanted to get their rocks off and she seemed like a girl who wanted to do the same thing. They will NOT be convicted. Just watch.

1. davey says:

THEY WERE ON DUTY NOT ON A DATE YOU SILLY GOOSE!…have you heard that phony 911 call? they were up to no no good…they raped her.i dont care if she came at them spread eagle with nothing but a smile.THEY WERE ON THE JOB…they were blurring boundaries like a m*ther…HEINOUS… do you hate women?…DO YOU? …i think you do, and i think you should admit it and get some therapy for yourself …

10. joe beers says:

Don’t say anything…just lie there, hunny.

11. Eli says:

If the cops really did it, shame on them! However, I hope people who love to drink alcohol learn from this and drink moderately or make sure a friend is around to take you home safely.

12. Bell Toller says:

The police officers here are innocent.

The victim was drinking since 12 noon

1. davey says:

so they are allowed to rape her while on the clock? f*ck outta here…

13. katherine says:

Father Goose. It sounds like you have goosed a few drunks as well. The law is there for others to be protected from people like you who don’t know right from wrong or have a conscience.

14. Ivan says:

these guys give all police a bad name and @liberals are evil, yo dude you never drank too much……please

15. FatherGoose says:

If I leave my house unlocked and thief walks in and steals my stuff, then I’m to blame, that’s just B.S

Do not trust law enforcement or the judicial system, anywhere in the U.S

16. katherine says:

She may have been drunk out of her mind but still the law is on her side. It states that a person cannot give consent for sexual contact if they do not have the mental capacity to do so. This includes being grossly under the influence. These guys are guilty as rapists. But not all cops are bad just the rotten ones.

17. glennoo says:

the cops should be sent to jail, lose there pensions. This type of behvior was a criminal act and if it was an average citizen they would get 20 years to life.

18. Tommy says:

I don’t need to a jury to prove to me that these pieces of garbage are guilty. If you do considering the evidence against them, then you have your own morality issues to deal with. Rapists generally do not do well in jail…rapists who are cops???? There is no protective custody to keep these guys safe. Hope they rot!

19. nyc says:

These cops are fudged up ! There seems to be tooo much evidence against them !

20. vme says:

You are an idiot without ethics or morals. The police officers were swore to protect citizens that can’t protect themselves. These men disgraced their badges and families and are not fit to serve the public. She deserved a hangover but never rape. These men deserve jail.

1. Old Gay Jewish Codger says:

Have you ever heard of innocent until proven guilty? Have you ever heard of sentence coherence and verb tenses?

1. Shimon says:

Aside from your evil sexual orientation, it is liberal Jews like you that make non-Jewish believers of the Bible appear to be more Jewish than Jews like you who will fight in the name of liberalism to defend criminals!

21. LiberalsAreEvil says:

She drank so much that she got sick…what does say about her. She is drunk rat who went looking for trouble and found it.

1. davey says:

you hate women dont you? get therapy for yourself man…blame the victim…one trick pony…

Comments are closed.