SOUND OFF: Tell Us Your Reaction To Osama Bin Laden’s Death

NEW YORK (CBSNewYork/AP) – It was news New Yorkers had been waiting almost 10 long years for: Osama bin Laden is dead.

The terrorist leader was shot dead by U.S. Navy SEALs at his compound in Pakistan, where officials said he was hiding in a million-dollar Abbotabad mansion.

Jubilant New Yorkers spontaneously took to the streets at Ground Zero and Times Square Sunday night, waving American flags and chanting “U-S-A! U-S-A.!” It was an unusual moment for the otherwise solemn Ground Zero site: in moments, it became the site of celebration as people began singing the national anthem.

WCBS 880’s Peter Haskell With The Emotional Overnight Crowd At Ground Zero

Cliff Lichter, who works in Jersey City, can’t look at the skyline of Lower Manhattan without thinking back to September 11, 2001.

“I saw that they were flying and I saw the second plane crash and it was unbelievable. Still think about it all the time,” he told CBS 2’s Kristin Thorne.

Lichter, however, has found a certain sense of peace about the the tragedy with the death of bin Laden.

“It shows that the United States finally got the job done,” Lichter said.

However, New Yorkers instinctively knew that one man’s death did not suddenly make the world a safe place.

“It’s more than just Osama, it’s a whole group of people that we have to be afraid of,” Vanessa Gil of Long Island told CBS 2′ Don Dahler.

“I think it’s going to get worse. I don’t think that just because you killed him that it’s taking away the problem,” Dana Laven said.

In Brooklyn Heights, people also remembered that fateful day when the view from their windows changed forever.

“I just think something’s missing. It’s sort of the…something you’ve always lived with and all of a sudden, it was gone that day,” one resident said.

SEE: Fresh Aerial Photos Of Ground Zero From Chopper 880

Hundreds gathered at Ground Zero following the news. Megan Horan was 13 on September 11, 2001, and had just started high school a few blocks away from Ground Zero.

“It just makes me remember the day, that’s all. When I walk down here normally, I don’t feel any strong emotions,” Horan said, sobbing.

1010 WINS’ John Montone reports: Tears Of Joy At Ground Zero

“It’s good for the world. We took the head off the snake, so to speak,” James Vigliatora said. “It’s a beautiful day to be an American.”

“I remember being 17 and saying, ‘I’ll never forget’ and I’ve never forgotten,” one woman said. “The face of my world changed. I was so relieved. There’s so many people who have been working night and day to find one person and they found him. It’s a positive sign and we’re making progress.”

Sean Sheehan, who comes from a family of firefighters and lost his cousin on 9/11, came to Ground Zero from Rockville Centre the moment he heard the news of bin Laden’s death.

WCBS 880’s Marla Diamond: A New Chapter Begins At Ground Zero

“Before, we were all together for despair and tragedy, now we’re together in unison over a joyful time where someone who caused this pain got what he deserved,” Sheehan said.

“I’m elated. It’s a great victory for the United States and for the civilized world,” Debra Burlingame, co-founder of Families For A Safe and Strong America, told WCBS 880 reporter Peter Haskell.

Burlingame, who lost her pilot brother, Charles, when American Airlines Flight 77 crashed into the Pentagon,  said the terror threat does not disappear with bin Laden’s death.

WCBS 880’s Peter Haskell With Debra Burlingame

“This is the close of a very big chapter,” Burlingame said. “It doesn’t end it but it’s a great relief.”

Families of the victims of 9/11 have felt a jumble of emotions following the death of bin Laden.

“I just never thought that this kind of closure was in the cards for me. I never thought that we would get justice,” Stacy Pelosi, whose father died at the World Trade Center, said.

1010 WINS’ Juliet Papa reports: 9/11 Families Feel Shock And Relief

Ann Ielpi lost her 29-year-old son, Jonathan, a New York City firefighter who died responding to the World Trade Center on Sept. 11, 2001.

She said bin Laden is “burning in hell right now.”

Katherine Wolf, a classical pianist, died in the Sept. 11 attacks at the World Trade Center just weeks after starting a job with Marsh & McLennan. Her husband, Charles, said he never lost hope that bin Laden would be found.

“We beat them at their own game. We didn’t give up. 10 years,” Wolf said. “This man’s evil energy has been taken off of our planet and God is going to throw his soul into the depths of hell.”

WCBS 880’s Steve Scott With Former Taliban Hostage And Current CBS News Analyst Jere Van Dyk
(Download the full interview HERE)

For John Cartier, who lost his brother James in the Twin Towers, bin Laden’s death is bittersweet.

“It’s an emotional roller coaster,” Cartier said. “Him being dead saves other people but it doesn’t bring my brother back. Closure is not the right word for us. Justice is a politician’s word. So this is all about revenge, revenge for the man who murdered my brother.”

Many tears have been shed at Ground Zero over the past decade but Monday morning the site was filled with tears of joy.

“I saw a lot of people really happy that a murderer is dead; someone who took too many lives and lasted too long to get taken care of. He’s gone now,” one man said. “I am so proud of our men and women in uniform.”

WCBS 880’s Steve Knight At FDNY Engine Company 6 Station 49 on Beekman Street

“On Sept. 11 this country changed forever and being here this morning gives me hope and belief that we will be that same country we were before Sept. 11,” Bryan Mannix, of Rockville Centre, said.

One person climbed a street sign on Church and Vesey street, waving an American flag.

1010 WINS’ Steve Sandberg reports: Witnessing History At Ground Zero

A similar scene played out in Times Square, with some celebrating bin Laden’s death by carrying posters.

“It’s really a terrific day for not just America but for the world. To have this cancer pulled from us is the right thing,” said Guy Madsen, 49, who drove to the city from Clifton, N.J., when he heard of bin Laden’s death. “This is judgment day, and we’re winning.”

RELATED: Graphic Photos Of Bin Laden’s Death

What’s your reaction to Osama bin Laden’s death? Sound off in our comments section.

More from Peter Haskell
Comments

1. Mzcrissy says:

Show me the body THEN I WILL BELIEVE IT!!!

1. IH8LIBERALS says:

Thats right, I want to see flesh and grey matter spraying through the air

2. FRANK CONNELLY says:

IF THERES ANYBODY PAYING ATTENTION, BIN LADEN DIED ON MAY FIRST,WHICH IS KNOWN AS “MAYDAY” ISNT THAT WHAT A PILOT SAYS WHEN HIS PLANE IS GOING DOWN?

1. Rodin says:

Sorry to bust your bubble, Frank. The raid started at 1:30 a.m. on the 2ND of May, in Pakistan..

3. ytr says:

I want pictures or video of the body, then I will believe it 100%, doesent bring 911 victims back but will help with some closure Im sure, there will be plenty more to replace him Its up to us and our intelligence to kill them much faster going forward, US government and all governments who are involved in illiminating terrorists accross the world should have no restrictions as to how to kill them or find them and of cource whether to tourture them, we should be able to tourture all al qaida related individuals and kill them when we are done with them as they would with any american, thats it!!!! Good job CIA and those guys who risked their life to protect us and our childrenn anyone who is for any fair trials for terrorists especially muslim extremest should be dropped of in the middle of Kabul and kidnapped and if they ever survive ask them about their opinion after…..Good terrorist is a dead terrorist, (only after we get the intel from him or her)>>>>>

4. Mike says:

I dont think we will be able to see the body… just because i dont think it was just a shot to the head that killed him. either his entire body is riddled with bullets or he was brutally beaten by the spec ops guys.

the burial thing was to not cause muslim religious outrage over not following customs post death of the 24 hour burial thing… but rather than a proper civilized burial they chucked him over board and were done with it

that ladies and gentleman is my conspiracy theory, take it or leave it

1. Rodin says:

FYI

The “dumping at sea was to avoid establishing some kind of shrine for followers to gather and pray at.

There are pics out there that suggest somewhat more than a shot. That was just the “coup de grace”, the final stroke.

2. Disgusted says:

Gee, I thought NY was a bastion of liberalism. What ever happened to being against the death penalty? What ever happened to the screaming about the CIA and its hit list?

I guess all bad guys aren’t created equal. As long as you have the stamp of approval from the hypocritical liberals, it’s okay to snuff somebody.

1. Vic says:

Looking for attention Digusted?! Were you not hugged as a child. take your lame, bleeding heart , woe is me, wimpy A$$ to Pakistan and jump in the ocean after your friend the pig. ROT IN HELL BIN LADEN!!!! AND LET YOUR FRIENDS JOIN YOU!!!!

1. IH8LIBERALS says:

You mis- read disgusteds comment Vic but I like the way you think

2. Rodin says:

He probably CAN’T read.

3. Brooklyn Guy says:

Of course, that is IF that is Osama??? Really no one knows. But it made everyone happy so it’s ok to say right???
        I think this is just Obama’s way of getting re-elected.
        Fake the murder of America’s most wanted, and dump his body in the ocean so no one can Identify it.

4. badman says:

YEAH any time some oen is DEAD it make me HAPPY

my name is Vic please send me $5. I got laid off from my job washing n3gro balls.

2. Corrupt-O-Crats says:

Because it happened under Oh Bummers watch.

Could you imagine if this had taken place under George Bush ??? There would be protest in the streets (America), and the lib-o-nuts would be demanding Bush’s head !!!!!

How times have changed !!!!!

1. Michael Cherry says:

your a moron, this would have happened had bushie boy concentrated on the job at hand instead of traipsing off to iraq which had nothing to do with it

2. East-Sider says:

Corrup-O-Crats – I was thinking exactly the same thing today!! If it was not for Mr. Bush adamantly making sure, that the terrorists stayed OUTSIDE the US Borders, Osama N+Bin Laden would probably have lived in a super-mansion in Riverdale, NY – built and paid with US taxpayer’s money.!!!
        Furthermore: IMO It is far too suspicious, that we were fed the info that was hiding in a cave – while he lived comfortably next to the biggest military base in Pakistanl, without anyone noticing – yeah my foot – it sounds to me like he was invited there to serve a purpose “when we need it” – how convenient we “found” him all of a suddenduring an election year???????? Hopefully Wikileak will tell us the real story one of these days.
        Michael Cherry – you don’t have to be offensive and call your fellow Americans rude names – remember our Government is NOT asking you or me or us for our opinion, we are only good to pay the bill – no matter what color we are!!

3. TomNJ says:

Actually I agree with you – I personally am glad he is dead, he deserved it. However. I don’t go around claiming the death penalty is wrong for other murderers as the liberals do and then wave a flag and cheer at the death of this murderer. I think the other posters missed your point. There has always been a double standard when it comes to punishment. I guess because this was an act that the American people felt was a personal attack, then they call for blood. But if it is a stranger in a field somewhere, they don’t have the same response and want to stop the death penalty.

4. makingmelessleftofcenter says:

seriously……..you are an idiot.

3. Donna says:

Maybe you should learn how to spell before you make stupid remarks.

1. THE DON says:

But he speaks the truth.

4. william says:

lol might as well just wipe out the entire middle east of their hate on western culture if you can’t beat them join them hate them despise them drown them

1. Rodin says:

Don’t leave out ISRAEL.

5. SAL says:

I FOR ONE AM VERY HAPPY THAT THE FU== IS DEAD.
    AS AN AMERICAN OF THIS LAND OF OURS I HOPE THAT ALL
    PEOPLE COME HAND TO HAND NOW AND THINK OF ALL THE
    PEOPLE WHO DIED SEPT 11, 2001.
    I THANK GOD FOR THE U S A NAVY SEALS, GOD BLESS YOU GUY’S
    AND GOD BLESS AMERICA AND ALL OUR PEOPLE

1. JIM says:

NICE JOB SAL, I WISH THEY WOULD OF SHOT THE POND SCUM IN THE LEGS TO LET HIM SUFFER FOR A WHILE THEN TIED HIM TO THE HELICOPTER SKID AND DANGLED HIM TO THE SHARKS FOR THE FINAL TOUCH. THANK GOD THIS IS OVER, THANKS TO OUR TROOPS AND OUR PRESIDENT.

6. voiceofreason says:

this is an acheivement in the “war” on terror and of course retribution for all that lost family or a friend in the 9/11 attacks. but in the “war” on terror, you never hear of the innocent deaths of friends or family members over there. i’m sure for every one innocent person killed in 9/11, there is at least 5-10X the amount of innocents murdered in the middle east in the “war” on terror. deaths are never a good thing, but as a non-american, tell me how many untold innocent afghan or iraqi deaths would be “equal justice” for one american murdered in 9/11. why is one american life worth so much more than one afghan or iraqi life? i agree this is a momentus day, but i pity all of you who live in your culture of violence.

1. theoriginalvoiceofreason says:

hey im voiceofreason!! you stole my name!!!!!

1. therealvoiceofreason says:

theoriginalvoiceofreason stole my hair and lied about it to the FBI.

7. jerryfan says:

As was pointed out by someone commenting on the news reports, everybody should refrain from commenting until Donald Trump’s scubadivers establish that the body in the sea really is that of bin Laden.

8. Kevin O'Donnell says:

This morning I saw fanatics praying at the oceans edge for Bin Laden, I realized the only civilized thing to do was to Pee in their supposed martyrs grave. So I did, right in front of them I pissed in the ocean the grave of a killer. And now I call on ALL Angry Americans Who are Outraged At This Mad Mans Attacks On Us All, To do the same go to the ocean & PISS on this schmucks grave & let the WORLD see our RAGE ! !! ! ! !

1. Grace says:

Couldn’t agree more….thnak you for your comment

1. Actually says:

10 years later Bin Laden was no longer a threat to the US. His political killing was simply a political move.for Obama. Thees another Bin Laden stepping right into place.

The REAL threat to the US now is that OBAMA permits dissident Musilms and Islamists into the US to gain citizenship. They are not running from persecution as the conservative Moslems are ..they are here with their own agenda to wipe out the American way of life. They need to be deported and we need to shut the gates on these people. But they are using our constitution against us touting freedom of speech when all the while they are plotting with in our country right now. They don’t need to bomb us they just move here and populate.
        People wake up.. Obama is permitting the raping of our country.

2. Shakra says:

To Actually – The terrorists who attacked the twin towers was already in America, but I’m sure you’ll find a way to blame Obama for that. Just because someone is a Muslim does not mean that they are terrorists.

3. JUSTICE says:

Yeah I agree pee in the ocean and after doing that plz at least somebody give me the justification of killing thousands of people around the world on the name of terrorism by the US military and capturing their petrol resources and other gemstone mines on the name of osama hunt ,osama is not a person its a name which gives permission to the US army to enter any country in the world and terrorise them so who is the biggest terrorist u should better know up till now after playing God with each and every country in the world ,People wakeup now after its too late !

9. steph says:

I too am conflicted abut the amount of celebrating that that is going on about another human being’s death. Albeit the person may have been responsible for so much hate and many atrocities in this world. I cannot bring myself to celebrate the death of another. He was still someones son and father despite all the things he did. I am conflicted though because there is some level of comfort knowing that this hate has now been put to rest. But unfortunetly this will only be short lived. There could be thousands of young men willing to step up to the plate and avenge him, and spread his messages even more. We will never be able to kill an ideology with weapons. Killing and war will never solve the true problem unfortunetly, and I think that history has shown that to us. Just to site one example, although Hitler died long ago and many nazis were condemned and executed, anti-semitism is still alive and well in the world. What is needed is a new philosophy of love and peace. The way to solve the issues in the middle east is to support the people there by providing them with opportunities to live better and to show them that we really care for their well being and progress. When this is achieved, one day, people will be unable to consider one another as enemies and we will realize that there was never anything to be fighting about to begin with. Just my 2 cents.

1. Donna says:

I was unable to rejoice also. I am glad that someone that has killed so many won’t be doing that ever again but a little sad about all the joy at a death. (I am a New Yorker).

2. GoodGirl says:

Ditto. No matter how much people hate to admit it …. we ARE ALL ONE made by the same GOD! PEACE ON EARTH – GOOD WILL TO ALL!

3. adele says:

I agree with you Steph if we don’t teach those whom we call our enemy what love is then we are the same. If we are not willing to give a helping hand to those who are angry with us then they become angrier. Jesus gave us a solution do good to those who would hate you by this it will be like cooling burning coal from their heads. Let’s stop throwing stones at each other and show one another love. To those who believe in the Bible remember we are all one family, children of Adam & Eve. God is the God of all humanity,if we are in his image then we should behave in a divine manner showing love and forgiveness. Just as He has shown to us even with all of our short comings.

1. badman says:

God. Jesus. Allah. All part of the same universal mass of bu11sh1t.

10. Amigorik says:

I hope it is True but show us some PROOF! Give us some videos of them preparing the body. Show us his face and NO fakes. Forget their traditions and beliefs…look what he did to us. He had no respect…so you should of put his body on display for us all to know of the truth of his death. We will never know for sure…

1. Donna says:

Something just doesn’t sound right. Burying at sea, how convienent! He was suppose to have been killed a week ago and the segret held until the DNA test verified who he was, then Obama said that he ordered the strike yesterday morning. I think he probably dead but I think he has been for awhile….why now-who knows; gas prices are coming down……

1. Shakra says:

@ Donna – where are you guys getting the information that bin Laden was killed a week ago. The only news item I have seen is that he was killed on Sunday. Can you give me a source for your information?

11. LiberalsAreEvil says:

I agree with Chase. There will never be closure for families who never found the bodies of their loved ones killed on 9/11/2001. Same here…we want to see Osama’s body and even then there should not be that much cheering. Don’t forget that there will be other terrorists in the making.

12. Sena says:

Its funny how this is announced after the controversy of Barry Soetoros birth certificate?? Now binladen killing takes it place. Obama is taking credit for the capture…Please…somebody have anymore cockie I can eat? Somethings up and brewing. The mans almost dead a week now and we are just being told?

Strange very strange.

1. Rodin says:

Tell it to Trump.

2. Shakra says:

I have been trying to find out why you people keep saying that Osama bin Laden has been dead for a week prior. Every news article I’ve seen said that he was killed on Sunday. Where did you get this information from, Sena?

3. Finder of nutjobs says:

…stay away from the koolaid…up—too late for you..

4. Lindsay says:

@Sena,

Now just a cotton-pickin’ minute. You mean to tell me that you’ve eaten “cockie”?

13. TJNorton says:

NOT HAPPY UNTIL I SEE A PICTURE OF HIM DEAD!!! BURIAL AT SEA???? SO LET ME GET THIS STRAIGHT… …EVERY TIME WE KILL THESE SCUM IN BATTLE WE GIVE THEM A BURIAL AT SEA. BIN LADEN WAS NOTHING BUT A PUNK WITH MONEY, WHY GIVE HIM SUCH SERVICE AND THREAT HIM DIFFERENT THAN THE COMMON CRIMINAL. ALSO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS IS THE SAME GOVERNMENT THAT MADE THE WORLD BELIEVE THAT IRAQ HAD WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION. SORRY SORRY SORRY. NOT SATISFIED UNTIL I PIC WITH HIM AND A HOLE IN HIS HEAD!

1. Jamalul Amal says:

burial at sea, that’s how OBLescaped; he just swam away, next time drp him from 3000 feet to make sure.

1. flea says:

They should have made him eat a cow first.

2. Rodin says:

It’s already out there, with an eye missing.

14. HARLEM GOING H.A.M. says:

BIN LADEN IS SLEEPING WITH THE FISH. IN HOMAGE TO MY FATHER, WORLD 2 VET, WHO REQUESTED A BURIAL AT SEA WITH THE REST OF HIS BUDDIES. I PRAY THEY ARE KICKING HIS BUTT DOWN THERE. LONG LIVE AMERICA. MUCH LOVE FOR ALL AMERICANS. MAY MY HOMEBOY, WHO LOST HIS LIFE FOR GOING TO WORK THAT MORNING, REST IN PEACE NOW. LASTLY, BE ON POINT MY FELLOW AMERICANS, CAUSE THEY WILL BE TRYING TO GET AT US AND DO US HARM.

1. Harv says:

Maybe his head should have been lopped off as they so nicely do to people ,an with a dull blade and then body chopped up and fed to pigs… that would be fitting for the infidel

2. JUSTICE says:

Have u ever thought why every body want to harm america always cause there r reasons to do so go back some years in history and u will find out why ,if u will treat somebody like a dog u will definitly be hated among them so wakeup now there are human beings living on this planet other then AMERICANS !

15. ray says:

This is a bad day for the Pakistan Intelligence Service who have been harboring this terrorist. How could a most wanted terrorist be living – just 800m from the Pakistan Military Academy and 35 miles from the capital – without help from the
    Pakistani authorities? Who owns this property,who rented it and who paid the rent? This Devil worshipper’s body is now polluting the seas.

16. Frank says:

Im glad that we finally were able to kill him. But i feel that a bullet to the head was to forgiving. Bin Laden needed to be captured, brought back to Ground Zero, Then burnt at the stake slowly while the whole world watched.

1. HARELM GOING H.A.M. says:

THAT WOULD BE GREAT. BUT THEN WE WOULD HAVE TO APPLY OUR LAWS OF PROTECTION FOR CRIMINAL DEFENDANTS, WHICH SHOULD NEVER APPLY TO NON CIZTENS, BUT THAT’S WHAT MAKES OUR COUNTRY THE BEST IN THE WORLD.

17. ChaCha says:

Obama announced very stiocally the capture and killing of binladen. I hope he doesnt think this is gonna get him re-elected or he is the reason he is now dead.

1. sandy says:

Youre right bush did it by faking weapons of mass destruction and killing saddam in iraq. yep bush finally got bin laden.. please get a life this president had the balls to do what the hypocrites couldnt despite all the criticisms.

1. rkdres says:

sandy, r u drinking the purple or pink Kool-aid? Tastes good huh?

2. Shakra says:

Nice reply, Sandy. You are right.

18. Kevin says:

Mulims Prayed at oceans edge & I Pee’d
    This mornin I woke to the news of Bin ladens death & had mixed emotions. I went to Smith Point Park beach to walk & think about it, There I discovered confused or fanatic Muslims weeping & talking to the ocean. I realized they were worshing at the grave of what they “Thought” was a martyr . So I had to stop & look at them with sad eyes, took out me weener & pissed in the Ocean & Grave of their supposed martyr, smiled at their stunned faces & then walked away giggleing. It’s gonna be a GREAT DAY !!!!!!!!!!!

1. jake says:

Nice one Kevin, i would have done the same too !

1. Eating a ham sammich, first, then: says:

I think I’ll drop a steamer at the beach myself. A good sized corn-backed rattler.

2. Wingnuts says:

Liar…wheres the pix of this supposed “weeping”? Baiter.

19. Chase says:

Buried at sea? Sorry but…..SHOW ME THE BODY!!!! If this inbread camal pumping
    idiot is truly dead, I wanna see proof! WHO’S WITH ME!

1. DONALD TRUMP says:

Perhaps Donald Trump?

2. Marjorie Singer says:

l agree with you 100%. they drop the body into the sea. are they kidding?
      and for religous reasons, give me a break. l don’t believe one word of it.
      This is all for the benefit of the President to seek another term. Wake up
      America where is the body where is the proof. the pictures they are showing
      have been around for 2 years. Something is very fishy here.

3. Buford T Justice says:

That was my post! Buried at sea my a$s – That body should be on display at the WTC site in a glass freezer case, bullet holes and all!

20. Morgan says:

Buried at sea…well there go your 30 virgins…guess you’ll have to settle for 30 Sturgeons! Thank you to all the Military men and women who saw this through…for all who died, and for those who finally took him down. Semper Fi brothers.

21. Johnny E Sells says:

Do our troops come home now?

1. WE HAVE 900 MILITARY BASES 1111 says:

Do you mean from all the 900 bases that we have all over the globe?
      at a cos tof trillions of dollars?

2. Sabrina McNock-Harris says:

No. Our troops must now mass at the Canadian border, so that we can eliminate the threat from the north. I am half native american, half insane honkey-phobe.

22. britton says:

united states navy seals vs bin laden thats a mis match, some body got to go, the answer is now all over the world.

23. John says:

All should know that if you attack us, we will come and get you.
    Regardless the time, politics, or international distractions.
    We will come and get you.And we will kill you!

24. ObamaHater says:

The Good: Osama Bin Laden is Dead
    The Bad: Obama uses The Navy SEALs actions to credit himself
    The Ugly: Obama uses military action as if it were his efforts, an attempt to steal the credit from our military

RESULT: Get Obama OUT OF OFFICE IN 2012!!

1. IH8LIBERALS says:

AMEN brother, Now lets get osama bin ladens brother OBAMA BIN LYIN’. He will probably go to his brothers memorial service at the taliban head quarters.
      Thank the one true living God for our brave heros in camo The American Soldier

1. JIM says:

GROW UP

2. Shakra says:

The Navy Seals should have been used right away. Too bad Bush wasn’t smart enough to use them from the getgo. How is Obama stealing the credit from our military? He is the Command In Chief. He is the one who gave the go ahead to kill bin Laden. If I remember correctly, it was Bush Sr., who refused to let our military kill Saddam Hussein. Just go away, hater.

1. poppideseis says:

Who says Bush didn’t use the Seals?

25. Kesava says:

This is a great triumph. I am very happy for America and for all peace loving people. justice has been done, as it must be. American forces must be congratulated for their unrelenting pursuit of justice. From an Indian.

26. TheRealTruth says:

Osama is finally met his justice. Good News. Credit goes to the SEAL teams who executed a flawless operation!! Obama did nothing but give us a speech riddled with adjectives, flowery useless rhetoric. News which could have been stated in 3 sentences and under 60 seconds. Obama does NOT deserve one gram of credit for the killing of Osama Bin Laden!!! In 2012 I want to see Obama GONE!!!!

27. Jade says:

I am disturbed at the amount of people exhaulting in the death of another human being regardless to who they were. We in fact as a nation condemned the cheers and jeers of Islamic Nations when Americans were killed, refering to them as animals…well aren’t we doing the same thing. Furthermore, we did we start executing people without a trial? Are we now sanctioning execuations of people that have committied atrocities? If so, how can we stand before the International Community and tell them NOT to do the same!

1. CK Wilson says:

Sometimes we make exceptions… you must understand that. It’s not a black and white world we live in.

2. Marina Ruszkowski says:

I agree!!! I wish they would have gotten him alive. He should have gotten a house somewhere in the states and live with us and see that we are not all that bad. To forgive is the first step and you will be forgiven is the beginning.

1. Michael H. says:

Personally, I’d like to defecate on his corpse.

3. Denise says:

Jade, did you lose a close family member on 09/11? If you did then i am sorry but if not then you totally do not understand what this day means to those of us who did.
      My brother was murdered on 09/11. I am so happy that the bastard who was responsible for his murder has been killed. He deserves to burn in hell for eternity. Instead of being disturbed you should be happy like the rest of us.

28. Rod in says:

There our military goes, killing people again, making enemies again. Dismantle this murder machine. We don’t need it. All it ever gets us is hatred from other people. We should just have a diplomatic corps like the French. And make friends.

1. CK Wilson says:

You don’t deserve to live in a free country.

2. IH8LIBERALS says:

go live overthere then you piece of liberal sewer slim

3. Shakra says:

The French has laid down and had the enemy wipe their boots on them every time there was a threat to France. How is that diplomatic? Besides, you obviously do not realize that it was the French who went into the Libyan conflict first. Yeah, it shocked all of us over here in Europe, but they did. Now what can you say?

29. HooDatIS? says:

i was sick last night and i stayed up to hear the president, i prayed and i cried, i thanked the lord for America’s intelligence and its power, because OSAMA needed to die
    I dont condone death but he really destroyed our country now i feel a since of pride! like we can move on a little further as American people, we killed our enemy

30. MMMMMM says:

more questions

how is it that at 11 in the evening, there are throngs of people outside the white house carrying banners and cute little American flags, as if they had advanced notice.
    Also, why bury him at sea?

Also, the death photo issued looks remarkably lik ethe standard phot we’ve seen through the years- just bloodied up.

Nice timing also, as the 10th year anniversary approaches and we have NOTHING to show for it at ground zero.

2 many questions for me.

1. 911 WAS AN INSIDE JOB says:

911 was an inside job alCIAda is a creation of the military, building 7 just fell down on its own, You must report on all Americans for suspicious activity.Welcome to the new America

1. Ed says:

What a f–king idiot you are.

2. Marina Ruszkowski says:

I have the same thought!

1. MCK says:

Do you 2 share the same brain? IDIOTS!!! With a name like yours…if you’re not happy here…go back where you came from!

3. MCK says:

You’re kidding right? You think the government have people waiting for news to break and then they are told to go celebrate with little American flags for hours as if it was their own idea? I mean…really!!! You really need to stop watching the twilight zone….or move!

4. Richk says:

Ed, YOU are the idiot. Buried at sea, how stupid can you be to believe that?

1. Shakra says:

Of course, Richk, we needed to bury him in a place where people can congregate and go to worship him. Burial at sea? Burial in the ground? What difference does it make? Maybe now the extremists will jump in the ocean to worship him. Good way to get rid of the others. Besides, I think that Ed was commenting on 911’s post.

2. ED IS REAL DUMB says:

It is too late for ED, If he saw the Government push the plunger, he’d still curse you. Maybe someday e will decide to think instead of curse at the Truth

31. david in new jersey says:

Good news, bad news! The Republican party better hang up their jocks unless they can convince Colin Powell to run! (What an irony! Sort of a reversal of the Jimmy Carter events in Iran so many years ago….
    May 1st should be declared a national holiday right away.

1. bf says:

Did Obama come in with his Fatigues on last night… Maybe I missed something. He took the glory that does not belong to him. Our hard working men and women fought and risked their lives to put this monster to death.

32. HDB says:

The “death” of Osama bin Laden recalls the recent brew over the President’s birth certificate: bring an end to the controversy after the opposing veiwpoint has made known all of his cards. This must be a poker play on the part of the present administration, a move made in conjunction with the recent securtiy apparatus appointments. The killing of this wanted fugitive took place over a week ago and there has yet to be any photos shown to the public, who seem to be dancing over air rather than fact. Furthermore, the body was not brought back for proof – even the rebels of Libya seek proof of Ghadaffis son’s death! If he were brought back alive, then we can have proof. We the people shall be “trumped” again: you shall see proof when all of the skeptics have their cards on the table. This is a good strategy for the present – blame upcoming terrorist attacks on “Al – Queda” reprisals, and not the unjust war we fight in Libya. President Nixon was too a great poker player.

1. A ROYAL WEDDING OF EFFORTS says:

Kind of reminds me of The novel, ‘1984’, Very Orwellian.

You know this is about global corporatism, being in collusion with the U.S. Government, in order to bring on the enslavement of the world’s population under the UN Sanctioned NEW WORLD ORDER.

Remember when the media told us that Osama did this to us because they were jealous of OUR FREEDOM & PROSPERITY?

So now where is our liberty, as we watch the TSA grope a 6 year old, gas $5 a gallon, and every 5 minutes we are told to report suspicious activity?

The only suspicious activity seems to be state sponsored, by our own tax dollars

33. Dale Auburn says:

Some questions:

– If the U.S. Government knew all along that he was in Pakistan, why have our troops spent all these years in Afghanistan?

– Why didn’t Obama keep OBL in captivity and wait for a slow news day next year to kill him and announce the news (just the way Bush did with Saddam Hussein)?

– Why didn’t anybody photograph the body? What proof do we have that he’s really dead (or that it really was him)?

1. AFGANI PIPELINE says:

THIS IS THE REL REASON TO BE IN AFGANISTAN……OIL

34. Mark says:

U know its was 10 yrs ago he was a alive and now he dead its kind of scare for us what will happend next

1. Miss Hautch says:

Mark,

Hopefully, what will happen next is that you learn to speak and write in English.

35. MIKE says:

GET REAL PEOPLE…YOU CANNOT KILL A BOOGEY MAN!!
    WHEN WILL AMERICA WAKE UP!!!

BURIED THE BODY AT SEA>>>PUHLEEZZ!

36. jerseyjoey says:

Next take care of CBS and its liberal idiots

37. jerseyjoey says:

Good job Seals , well done. I will never be totally happy till i see the body myself and till the #2–infinity other terroists are dead also. For now we all take our hats off to the navy seals and to All American service men, thankyou for being there and keep up the good work. Tho as being me, why would you give that piece of trash any service at all, bring me the corpse we want closure, no one trusts this liar Gov anyway, i want to see the corpse in person, Obama this screwup is on your shoulders you idiot

38. osama hater says:

ROT IN HELL YOU GODDLESS SCUMBAG. THEY SHOULD HAVE BURIED HIM WITH A PIG ON HIS FACE

39. Susan R. says:

Of course I am estatic that the madman is finally dead, but I don’t see why they handled his corpse in reverent Islamic tradition and buried him at sea. They should have done so in the ancient Egyptian style reserved for criminals: burn his body and spread his ashes over the dirt path for donkeys to tread on—then he is finished for all eternity!

1. LG says:

yeah, and unnecessarily alienate every single muslim in the world regardless of whether they were supported him or not. what a truly stupid idea

2. RBP says:

I do not believe it is any coincidence that he was killed on Holocaust Rememberance day.

40. JNB says:

Now that Osama Bin Laden to rest.. One would hope that it would begin to lessen the problems.. Unfortunately in a war waged by suicidal acts of small groups of people versus an army it is a different war. And there are still people who use hate to inspire others to kill themselves in the name of honor. Until all the Muslims learn that the opression comes not from the Westerners but from their own people, peace will be hard fought.. Most of the wealthiest people in the world are their breatheren who live like westerners in luxury and support terrorism to deflect the scrutiny of their own lives.

41. No Cause says:

There is no cause for celabration unless you are an idiot. The world is still a dangerous place, our childrens futures are burdned with debt, the rich politicians only care about themselves, families are destroyed from divorce, the employment picture is still a problem and I could go on indefinitly……………..

42. NoMoreTerrorists says:

You are right: He believed in “piece,” cutting the world into pieces, NOT peace.

Don’t rely on your spell-check. Use a dictionary!

43. Roberta says:

He was a COWARD and a LOW LIFE. You did say one thing correctly in your e-mail “believed in PIECE” – yes PIECES of other human beings. Thank you to the U.S. Navy Seals and the United States of America for destroying this piece of CRAP. As a retired U.S. Navy Chief Petty Officer – it could not have happened to a more deserving threat to our country – MAYBE YOU COULD BE NEXT..
    GOD BLESS THE U.S. NAVY AND THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

44. BF says:

You got a symbol for terror and that is good. However after 10 years that cancer is so large that his absence will make little or no difference. A lot of people hate the USA.

1. janette says:

thanks to president Obama, no other president could do such a great job, by giving the troops the ok to find and kill Osama Bin Laden, we did it great job TROOPmay god continue to bless America, I love this Country and president Obamahe will surley get my vote next election

1. jerseyjoey says:

Obama did nothing, hes a terroist on America Wallets. you liberals are a discrace taking credit for this, this is why liberals are kookslike you jannette, stupid people vote for stiupid presidents

2. Ivan says:

bin laden got exactly what he deserved and I have no remorse for his death. I for one do not understand cheering, flag waving or celebratory drinking is really justified. I personally believe it is a somber occasion.
        I am also happy it happened on President Obama’s watch.
        When people like jerseyjoey cannot spell of place spaces between words and just want to call people stupid, therein lies the stupidity….

3. Charlotte says:

I agree with Jerseyjoey. Bush started all this and Obama is patting himself on the back again with his teleprompter.

4. MCK says:

Charlotte you are so right! Bush and his father started all this and had thousands of our young kids killed in the mideast just for their gratification of having a war! Bush couldn’t catch Osama if he was in his backyard! Obama got the job done like he said he would…unfortunately that can’t bring back all the senseless lives lost at the hands of the Bush presidencies! Nice call Charlotte….IDIOT!!!

45. Richard Bocchiano says:

GOOD, GOOD GOOD!

46. Jared says:

What a day!! This better be real.

Why the need to dispose of the body so quickly?? Pictures and videos have to emerge which are more convincing than the photograph in today’s Daily News. Yeah, I know if he’s still alive he’d liet us know in one of his silly videos, but still not certain the devil is dead. Sorry, guys, but I know what country I live in, and I really hope this isn’t like 1963, Dallas all over again. There, they quickly took JFK’s body from the hospital and got it on Air Force One, while LBJ was sworn in. Post the photos. Post the videos. I wanna see his head on a stick.

1. Charlotte says:

Things are questionable for me. On the ticker before the “President’s” speech, it was on the ticker that OBL was killed last week but they kept the body in order to verify with DNA. NOW — news media is reporting that this happened recently. Are we getting the right news? No reference on the ticker now to what I read before. I want pictures — I want verification.

47. midi-man says:

I am happy that he is dead, but reality is One Less crazy person dead, There is always another in line to replace him

48. Glenn says:

2 comments: I cannot believe Obama had the balls to order the strike that killed Bin Laden and I would have swore Bin Laden was driving a cab in NYC.

1. MCK says:

LOLOLOLOL! That was him in the cab….and Ghadafi was driving the other one! Bu then again…you know…they all look alike and smell alike!

1. Glenn says:

True, true, true.

49. injun93 says:

nothing changes in my life. gasoline is still over $4. the police will protect manhattan but we can’t find a cop in queens .

1. 1984 says:

Don’t you forget now, to report on all your friends and neighbor’s suspicious activities!

2. M.A.D says:

Nothing changes for me either, I am still unemployed and my unemployment insurance is running out soon.

3. Wingnuts says: