Cops: Brooklyn Man Fires Rifle At Teens Outside Marine Park Home

NEW YORK (CBSNewYork/AP) — Police said a man with a semi-automatic rifle fired at a group of teenagers after he got into an altercation with them outside his home in Brooklyn, wounding two.

It happened around 11:30 p.m. Saturday on Stuart Street in Marine Park.

Police said 30-year-old Thomas Dunikowski became embroiled in an argument with the teens that escalated into a physical altercation. They said Dunikowski returned to his home, got his rifle, and fired at the teens from his second floor window.

A 17-year-old was struck in the neck and another teen suffered fragment wounds in his arm and leg. Both were expected to survive.

Dunikowski was arrested on charges of assault, criminal possession of a weapon, reckless endangerment and resisting arrest.

Sound off in our comments section below…

(TM and Copyright 2011 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2011 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)

Comments

1. Uncle Louie says:

What kind of idiot fires on a bunch of idiots from his own window?

2. SuperAnnoyed says:

Called 911 a number of times, was brushed off as a noise complaint and transferred to 311. I was afraid to walk on my block when I saw these teens out of control. These kids have no business disturbing the neighborhood. They were walking around cursing and screaming I want to f somebody up, throwing around metal barriers, boxes, punching fences etc. Where were the cops when you needed them? Parents of these kids? These kids were not as innocent as most of these articles are making them to be! I feel bad that these kids were hit with a bullet/fragments and glad these kids survived, but they had no business acting this way!

3. Anon says:

I DO NOT CARE. my friend was shot he was only 17. god knows if he’s gonna make it. i hope this man suffers for a long time.

1. KPMc says:

“I DO NOT CARE.”

This is the crux of the problem. You don’t care. You don’t care about strangers. You don’t care about your neighbors. You don’t care about the cops.

4. Bell Toller says:

911 responds quicker to chicken mcnugget calls

5. BobSmith says:

The kids were white and Chinese.

6. The Facts says:

There has to be more to this story than the Associated Press (AP) article. How about some actual reporting by our local WINS and WCBS staff.

7. Jerry says:

Those of you who remember NYC during the Guiliani years??

Would it have happened then?

I rest my case, yet Rudy is shunned as a presidential candidate??

Go figure ……… oops, I forgot about the liberal eggheads who vote here.

1. g says:

yeah, I remember Jerry – sky rocketing rents, beatings of the homeless, oops, I forgot about folks like you who couldn’t care less about anyone else but themselves.

8. Driver says:

Not guilty if I’m on that jury

9. FEDUP says:

I CALLED THE POLICE IN JANUARY FOR UNRULY YOUTHS. THEY WERE BREAKING BOTTLES, DESTROYING PROPERTY, FIGHTING. I’M STILL WAITING TO SEE THE PATROL CAR.

10. Joe says:

Wayne…He did call the cops, they came and left. See the cops don’t want to deal with 30 unrully teens because the only way they could would be to draw their guns and open fire. I bet the cops who drove by are breathing a sigh of relief that this guy took care of it for them.

11. Big Nard says:

I hope he moves to my block after his stay in prison.

12. X-RAY VISION says:

PERP “DUNIKOWSKI” = WHITE DUDE
    MARINE PARK BROOKLYN = WHITE KIDS

SEND THEM ALL BACK TO AFRICA!!!
    THOSE ANIMALS.

1. marialissa says:

x-ray vision=moron

13. jimmy says:

it is unbelievable,the man is really reckless,now he senthimself into jail,it is worthless,,,

14. jimmy says:

15. Union Sq. says:

White trash or black thugs is immaterial. The shooter deserves a thank you.

16. Annoyed Marine Park Resident says:

Guy deserves a medal for what he did. Too bad he didn’t shoot all the RIF RAF!! Cops and Politicians are aware of this problem and do nothing about it!! These pieces of trash along with their parents should BE INCARCERATED!!!!

17. Alfredo Villanueva says:

The story does not specify the teens’ race. For all I know, they might have been white trash!

18. simon says:

hey “WHITE TRASH,” name calling is a terrible way to debate. What you want to do is refute resegregate’s argument, by proving it false. Here’s an example:

“Blacks are not more likely than whites to commit violent crime” (except that’s FALSE)

19. wayne says:

Why didn’t he called the cops?

I hope everyone is learning from this;

The police to take people complaints of harassment seriously in this overcrowded city.

People to respect other people’s rights it is hot and people tempers goes up.

Others count to ten and take a deep breath and think before you start acting

1. IgnoranteElephante says:

I also have a hoper. I hope you learn to communicate in English.

1. IgnoranteElephante says:

I also have a hope. I hope you learn to communicate in English.

20. BigBadJohn says:

So…what’s with the picture of a hospital bed? Did the bed get shot too?
    I don’t get the connection.

1. nyc says:

Picture of a empty clean hospital bed ? How about a picture relating to the story ? Picture of the perp ?

Comments are closed.