Police: Man Wearing ‘I’m A Drunk’ Shirt Arrested For DWI After Hitting Patrol Car

MOUNT SINAI, NY (CBSNewYork) — Police in Suffolk County arrested man after they say he slammed into a patrol car early Wednesday morning.

Police say 22-year-old Kevin Daly was driving on County Road 83 in Mount Sinai around 1:45 a.m. when he hit an officer’s car as he tried to turn onto Route 25A.

Daly wasn’t hurt but was arrested and charged with driving while intoxicated and issued multiple traffic summonses. In his mugshot, Daly was wearing the T-shirt that reads “I’m not an alcoholic, I’m a drunk. Alcoholics go to meetings.”

The officer, who is assigned to Suffolk County’s DWI enforcement team, was taken to the hospital with minor injuries.

At his arraignment in Central Islip Thursday, Daly was ordered held on $10,000 bail.

Share your comments below

Comments

1. Meme Meyagi says:

what is done about 7 million mooslime terrorists living in usa?

2. MIKEY B says:

TYPICAL SHANTY IRISH DONKEY….THEY HAVE LESS CLASS THAN PUBLIC SCHOOL IN THE MIDDLE OF JULY…

1. wheels says:

lol the poor blacks and jews have really been getting picked on, but the Irish??? you’re right, every irish person i know dresses terribly and overdrinks!!!

3. Just Saying says:

I’m not surprised, this happens in the white community often, when this idiot is sober,another idiot,will free him and he’s off to kill someone later on..,way to go NY
    I must admit I’m a little disappointed with the comments,The guys on the L-train had more hate comments,and they were sober,I’m just saying I’d rather take an ass whipping than to be killed by an Idiot who runs into the police!!!

4. christine says:

PRICELESS……………….

5. drunk and dumb too says:

His shirt should read ‘drunk and dumb’ what an idiot. It’s people like this that end innocent lives.This guy should dry out before kills either himself or others what a waste.

6. Joey Salt says:

lol, dude that is just way too funny when you think about it.
    Total-Privacy.us

7. Surfin Bird says:

why is his photo being publlished when he wasn’t been convicted og a crime.

Privact act violation

8. Joan Desmond says:

Mike,Mike… Mike….

1. MIKE says:

YES, YES, YES….

9. Joan Desmond says:

Lol…..he’s right..lock him up till he wants to be a Alcoholic..

1. Joan Desmond says:

it’s a drunk thing..not a color thing.. 🙂

10. MIKE says:

BLACK MAN WOULD HAVE BEEN KILLED, CALLED A DRUNK HIS SUPPOSED CRIMINAL RECORD WOULD HAVE BEEN MADE PUBLIC. THE COP WOULD HAVE SAID HE FEARED FOR HIS LIFE THATS WHY HE SHOT HIM 20 TIMES…THE BEAT GOES ON. GOOD TO BE WHITE IN AMERICA.
    I HOPE THIS GETS RELEASED AND GO HOME WITH HIS FAMILY, THATS WHT THE FOLLOWING COMMENTS WILL SAY SOON.

1. Betsy Crenshaw says:

Someone pee in yer Count Chocula this morning?

1. MIKE says:

YOU KNOW ITS THE TRUTH

1. DaEmph says:

I agree with you MIKE….if this was someone black he would of been shot multiple times, or would of gotten 5-7 years in jail for “assaulting” an officer with the car, his licenses revoked for life, but this guys just gets “multiple” summons.
          White folks just don’t understand, I tell ya.
          But I’m gonna use this guy’s picture as my new avatar, its CLASSIC!

1. MIKE says:

YUP AND IM WHITE…GO FIGURE!

2. Yankee Fan says:

Mike, I also am white and grew up in East Harlem with more blacks than whites. I know of the terrible way Blacks have been treated by police. However, things have got better. Not perfect by any means. But comments like yours raise concerns as we should all look to better ourselves and do what is right rather than make comments like you have. I pray every day that every American is treated with respect by the police, especially us NYC metro folks. Yes, NYPD has many flaws and many past aggressions. However I believe Kelly is trying to improve and watching his force closely to insure every citizen is treated with respect and under the law

1. Charlie says:

you have to give respect, in orde to receive respect, ya moron!! You need to go back to school, as your comment is full of bad English……..

11. Oprah Chopra says: