Suspect Arrested In Deadly Astoria Shooting Of Mother, Daughter

Neighbors: Older Woman's Ex-Husband Fought With Current Boyfriend

NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) –A 25-year-old woman has died after being shot in the head and torso Monday morning in Astoria.  Also shot and critically injured in their Queens home was the woman’s 57-year-old mother.

Authorities have arrested 52-year-old Guerino Annarumma and charged him with murder, assault and criminal possession of a weapon.

The incident happened before 9 a.m. on 38th Street and 23rd Avenue.  Police believe they were gunned down by Annarumma, the mother’s ex-husband, following an argument with her current boyfriend.

1010 WINS’ Juliet Papa talks to shocked neighbors

“I heard sounds that sounded like gunshots, like bang, bang, bang,” neighbor Tristan DeFalco told CBS 2’s John Slattery.

One man, who lives across the street, said he looked out the window and saw a flash from a gun barrel.

“I saw, I saw the shot fired and he walked away and the lady was lying in the doorway,” Chris Bowyer said

“I heard a fight. I heard two men fighting outside,” neighbor Roseanne Dandrade added.

Neighbors said not only was the mother divorced, but she had an order of protection against Annarumma.

“She had called the cops a couple of times, but he’d been coming quite a lot recently,” Dandrade said.

For the past year, the ex-husband kept an online blog on which he wrote, “… she doesn’t have no respect. She will think only about herself to get a green card” and “… what ever you did you and your mother ’till I die I’m never going to stop you destroyed my dream, I will destroy you mentally.”

“This guy’s been coming back and forth for the last two years since they were divorced,” DeFalco said.

Both women were taken to Elmhurst Hospital.  The 57-year-old is still clinging to life.

“It’s a very quiet area,” neighbor Luz Martinez told Slattery. “It’s a shock, really.”

Please offer your thoughts in the comments section below.

Comments

1. Meme Meyagi says:

what is done about 7 million mooslime terrorists living in usa?

2. Liberals are Evil says:

She should have not used him…oh well…

3. Barbara says:

Trendy or not the bottom line is Restraining Orders are not enforced or respected. Some sort of follow up has to be done and offenders who violate the order even once should be in jail.

4. CruzTwila says:

my neighbor’s mother made $250258 so far just working on the laptop for a few hours. Read more here… m a k e c a s h 4 . com

5. Carnal says:

Evil only reaps more evil. People don’t just don’t go off the deep end for no good reason. Keep in mind that there are always two sides to every story.

6. J says:

A man that cant control his emotions is unworthy of respect. Trust me I been in crazy situations with women. Take it from me-JUST WALK AWAY and be the man.

7. SED says:

I am a neighbor of these poor women. It’s a sad, sad situation and my prayers go out to them. It’s heartbreaking and I can’t imagine how their loved ones must be hurting right now.
    To those who have commented about the neighborhood…
    I have lived there for a little over 2 years now. It’s generally quiet and I have always felt safe. The area is “booming” with new restaurants and condos opening every day. It’s a quick commute into Manhattan and most of the neighbors are cordiall.
    But, that being said… I lived in the Bronx for years before that and I never had any problems. I have worked in Manhattan for over 10 years where my friend was mugged. My car was broken into on Park Avenue once and I was flashed on the train in the middle of the day down by Battery City once.
    All of this has taught me to always stay alert and be careful no matter what area of New York I am in… the fact is violence knows no boundaries.

In my opinion zip codes should not define people or a neighborhood as “safe” or “unsafe”,” trendy” or not. The only thing that matters is how we choose to treat one another. If we all live our lives in peace and treat our neighbors and passers-by with kindness it will be a better city, better country, better world.

1. Nate says:

I lived on the corner of 33rd street and 20th road. That Neighborhood was such a quiet place. I cant belive this happend! My prayers go out to them .

8. Ellen C. Beitz says:

i was born and raised in astoria not far from this. i moved upstate some 41 yrs ago and regret it ever since. leave the city limits and the iq’s drop to double didgits.

9. MG says:

Violating an Order Of Protection should result in immediate imprisonment. This kind of thing happens too often.

1. Ellen C. Beitz says:

it just goes to show you how useless the protection orders are. a smith and wesson works much better.

10. Surfin Bird says:

disturbing

11. Love NYC says:

When are people going to take any type of abuse seriously? If she had an Order of Protection, why was there? Astoria has nothing to do with this. Abuse has no social boundaries. Time and time again everyone underestimates what the abuser might do and minimizes the potential threat.

12. Vlood says:

Well, I live 2 houses down from this.I was walking my dog in front of the house 5 minutes before it happened.

1. Nate says:

did you hear the gunshot?

13. MIKEY LOVE says:

THERE ARE ALOT OF YOUNG HOTTIES IN ASTORIA !!

1. J says:

what’s wrong with you?

14. Erica says:

What ignorance – This is a domestic dispute has nothing to do with Astoria or the residents. I am a life long NYer and I currently reside in Astoria not too far from here it’s a wonderful block with wonderful people – I make over 6 figures and work hard in manhattan every day …

My prayers are with this family and may the find this animal soon.

15. anyominous says:

TRENDY MY ARSE ,, ITS TURNING INTO A DUMP , ,, & PEOPLE LIVING IN A BEDROOM WITH ROOMATES is FAR FROM TRENDY..

16. Jason says:

Apparently, the shooter is tied to the Glen Cove area on Long Island. The schools are on lockdown

17. Carlos Liriano says:

the area where in question is out the trendiest part of Astoria, get you bearings before you talk

18. NL9075 says:

This happened in Astoria?? I thought Astoria was the trendiest neighborhood in NYC now especially that area which is now filled with 20 something transplants & trustafarian types. Maybe they will go back to Manhattan or the midwestern square states??

1. NO11285 says:

Seriously? Your response to a horrible and tragic incident is to whine about ’20-something transplants & trustafarian types’ living in Astoria? I happen to be a 20-something living in Astoria and working hard in the city, and I’m not sure what the problem is with that, but please get over yourself.

2. GA78 says:

This tragedy happened in an area of Astoria that is home to predominantly working class families, many of which have been there for generations. A neighborhood being “trendy” as you describe it does not absolve it from any crime. Anyway, what do you care about “20-something transplants & trustafarians” in Astoria? You’ve obviously spent VERY little time there and have no idea what you are talking about. No, a couple of trips to the Beer Garden don’t count.

3. J says:

I thought NYC was the trendiest city in the world. Stuff like this doesn’t happen in NYC!!!

This is the wrong soapbox.

Comments are closed.