Alec Baldwin Loses ‘Appetite’ For NYC Mayoral Run Due To ‘Horny’ Politics

NEW YORK (CBSNewYork)Actor Alec Baldwin has closed the door on a possible run for mayor of New York City in 2013.

During his weekly WNYC podcast, the television star said “I’ve lost my appetite” when asked about a run for office by his guest, movie director Stephen Daldry.

Daldry asked Baldwin if he was going to have a political career, to which the actor responded “I doubt it now. The older I get, the more I feel that all of it has changed.”

“The people that are running for mayor – I know this is terrible – I look at them and I don’t see myself in that crowd. They’re like a guy on a date that you can tell he just can’t wait to get his hand up your blouse before even the lights go out in the theater. They’re all just so horny for it. Horny for their own ascension,” Baldwin said.

Baldwin has long harbored political ambitions. In 1998 he appeared on CBS 2’s Sunday political talk show, and in 2000 he campaigned with Hillary Clinton for the U.S. Senate.

Rumors started circulating that Baldwin would run in the 2013 election when Democrat Anthony Weiner stepped down from his congressional post because of a sexting scandal. It had been assumed that Weiner would represent the Democratic Party in the next Mayoral election.

Baldwin has also apparently changed his tune on plans to quit “30 Rock” after this season, saying he’s got a good job and is having fun.

“Give this up for what? I give up money and fame and position and success, I give up this wonderful life I have now in exchange for the chance to really change things. Yeah, I’m not quite sure you can any more,” Baldwin said.

Are you surprised Baldwin isn’t running?  Who do you think will run in 2013? Share your thoughts below…

Comments

1. Victor says:

The man is a good actor and an absolute moron otherwise, he would be a wonderful mayoral candidate….

2. Mr.Z says:

Hey Baldwin you wimpy, turd of man. Since you wimped out now you can SHUT THE HELL UP!
    I don’t want to hear one word from you about politics. Zip, Zero, Nada!
    Go away! Go back to Hollyweird!

3. Chuck Rangel says:

maybe he can go to Harlem and and Bronx and talk about his new 11 million dollar apartment he recently purchased? Maybe he should start with helping his drug addict brother , and other one who went bankrupt. But he was smart enough to realize he by no means wants Mayor which is a real job with real work 24/7. and you have to be nice to people!!!! Which from recent voice mails, and plane flights he is incapable.. Stick with your 300,000 bucks per episode of 30 Rock.

4. SerfCityHereWeCome says:

Sounds like a face-saving attempt to back out after failing to achieve the 25 IQ minimum for the job.

1. Jim Sherer says:

I think that’s 25 IQ Maximum.

5. Jack Donaghey says:

America is so celebrity-obsessed they think that charisma is the only qualification that matters in politics. Baldwin is an ACTOR. It’s all on the SURFACE. Sure, he may be bright, but his TV’s set to E!, not C-SPAN. We made the mistake with Reagan. California botched it with Arnold. Okay, so Minnesota didn’t really have anything to lose with Jesse the Body but PLEASE PEOPLE vote smart or don’t vote at all.

1. Thomas Payne says:

I think Alan Baldwin is a great Democrat…. he epitomizes everything the left stands for…he is arrogant, transparently boorish and the primary difference between him and Obama is that Alan Baldwin has a union card and a real birth certificate…
      Other than that neither one can hold a candle to Ronald Reagan Baldwin as an actor or Obama as a politician.

2. Jim Sherer says:

Mn also gave us Al Frankass and a mooselem.

6. Huck Klmdia says:

I haven’t been this disappointed since Al Gore left the political arena.

I understand Barney Frank’s seat will be open in 2012 as well, but wasn’t Barney’s seat always open?

7. Lorayne says:

Alex Baldwin is without a doubt the biggest manufactured celelbrity among the Hollywood crowd, and cetainly among the political gang of intellectual dimwits. It is somewhat gratifying that he will not be in the spotlight for too long.!! What a crock!!

8. Larry Burdge says:

Alec Baldwin,,,,,,,,,,,,ALL Hat, NO Cowboy…………Another blowhard Holywood type that knows how to cure all of the World’s ills…… Yel,,,RIGHT!!!!! Hey Alec,,,Come on down to my level and take a look at the real world…..

1. Katy Kuerig says:

It’s actually “All hat, no cattle”.

9. John Collins says:

arick baldrin

1. ali says:

No one likes this jerk enough to vote for him. That would hurt his feelings.

2. Hirk says:

Thats great Larry made me laugh out loud..He was so rone ree

1. Hirk says:

Er.. John rather

10. Lincoln Robertson says:

What a moronic imbecilic infantile remark. He’d be perfect for the Democrat mayoral ticket.

11. Baldwin Voicemail says:

“They’re like a guy on a date that you can tell he just can’t wait to get his hand up your blouse before even the lights go out in the theater. “

12. Arizonadesertrat says:

Baldwin. What a buffoon!

13. don says:

Oh boohoo Im so sad.

14. Crash Froelich says:

C’mon, Alec. It’s only a process. Besides, it’s been said politics is Hollywood for the ugly. Let’s be honest. The years haven’t treated you well, old buddy. It may be a horny business but look, the goat is presenting.

15. Segeny says:

What a coincidence, Alec. You make me lose my appetite too and reach for the barf bag.

16. MDWhite says:

Wasn’t he the pathetic piece of over-paid trash who 1.) claimed he would move out of the country if George Bush was elected; and then…2.) appeared on the David Letterman Show telling the audience that the Bush family should be dragged out of the White House and Hanged?

Yeah…I thought so.

17. Bo Jiden says:

Rats. How I’d love to see Baldwin embarrass himself. It’d be fun to have him as a punching bag for a few months, watching him blow a gasket when things didn’t go his way.

Maybe they’d replay clips of him calling his daughter horrible names and film clips of him picking his nose.

18. Sammy Hains says:

Alec Baldwin is a one-percenter, He doesn’t want to give up anything for the greater good of society. Just like all the other limousine liberals who preach that YOU need to go with less, while they make a fortune selling class warfare to the masses. Wise up people.

19. Russ Falconer says:

Poor Alec –he’s just to good to run and his motives too pure. The others are simply inferior to his wonderfulness. Is that about right? No inflated sense of self-worth here ,eh?

20. gary says:

Alec is slime. And Captial One is stupid for using him as a spokesperson. the guy should have to get a real job and earn a living. It might provide a real education

21. Walter Billings says:

This Alex Baldwin is an arch leftist and lover of this monster Obama. But there is also something wrong with this Baldwin guy.

22. xsnake says:

Baldwin is a world class turd.

23. Billy Baldwin says:

My brother (Alec) couldn’t find his ass with both hands…..and he’s gay.

1. Michael H. says:

Um…do you have his number?

24. Randall Stephens says:

This guy is lost in his own mind.

25. Geechee says:

What a disappointment, and coming right before Christmas too!
    He’d be such a great mayor.
    I mean, he said he’d “leave the country” if Bush were reelected, so we know he’s a man of his convictions.
    We can listen to the phone tape of him talking to his little girl, so we can feel confident that he’s a great father.
    He has a BA in History or Fine Arts or some such major, so his erudition will never be in question and he can continue to speak of those he dislikes as intellectual inferiors.
    And, based on his recent incident on American Airlines, we can be sure of having someone representing us that we can be proud of.
    Please reconsider, Alex!!!!

1. Mikey De says:

Baldwin couldn’t organize a two car funeral!

26. Alec Baldwin says:

Hey! All of you little pigs need to quit hating on me. I’m just a guy trying to make a living here and make the world a better place. Why all the hate?

1. Kim says:

Cause your a D!CK!

27. Johnny Dangerously says:

I’m not sure what the rub is here. Seems to me if he got elected mayor he could sit in his office and play Words With Friends all day long unmolested. What more could an adolescent want?

That said, narrow escape for the Big A. This butthead as a mayor would surely destroy the city. Bloomberg has already given a pretty good start!

Trump for mayor! At least it’ll keep him out of the Presidential race! 🙂

28. Regulas says:

Go for it Baldwin, you leftist fascist lover, the idiots in NY will probably vote for you.

29. You're JUST an actor says:

That makes us even Baldwin, I lose my appetite every time you get media attention.

30. Sterling Headset says:

He’s such a thin skinned little boy. How is he going to survive in NYC?
    Keep the flakes in Hollywood.

31. ThrowObummerOut says:

Who would even vote for him?

1. Regulas says:

NY is full of leftist dunkoffs, look at the idiots they keep voting for. The have a food Nazi mayor right now.

32. Frank says:

Robert Osborne, the Gay lefty, of Turner Classic Movies has kissed Baldwins ass to let him cohost so much. There is something going on there. What is the real reason Baldwin is on the show so much? I think it is free publicity in case Baldwin wanted to runfor mayor.

33. hmph says:

He is a thoughtless little pig just like his mother, daughter and that awful flight attendant.

34. A. Baldwin says:

He is a GOD and would be a great Mayor!

1. Johnny Dangerously says:

Hee… you’re funny.

35. UNCLE GUS says:

As is obvious, Baldwin certainly hasn’t lost his appetite for the buffet …. PUKE !

36. Patrick Nugent says:

I thought Monsieur Ego pledged to move to France several years ago. He should check to see if the Mayor of Paris job is still open. I bet Tina Fey’s skin crawls being around a creep like him.

37. Hannah Abbott says:

Baldwin is NOT fit for any public office. He is not running because he made a fool of himself on a air flight 2 weeks ago. . if not for that, he would be running.

Running in spite of his ludicrous threats against Henry Hyde a decade ago. . . .running in spite of his assaults on journalists and photographers a decade ago. .. . .and running with no regard for the truth or being honest.

Alec Baldwin is societal waste, and his 15 minutes is over. . .take a hike, fat ass.

1. sik says:

an AIR flight as opposed to what?

38. Deb says:

Yes, New York deserves this jerk!

39. GWSA says:

Baldwin is just as pathetic now as he was when he lost the GW student body president election. So pathetic that he transferred with his tail between his legs to NYU. He lost then and he’d lose now.

1. antney says:

He’s still a loser. Squinty-eyed boozer- loser. He’s an ACTOR for god’s sake. Don’t take him too seriously.

40. Dianna says:

More Alec Baldwin tool-ness.

41. Robert Marvin Smith says:

Alec is worried about the guy who wants to run his hand up some woman’s blouse.

Alec, should be worried about the “GUY” who can’t wait to get his hands on his next Martini.

Stage 2 and counting…

42. Databyter says:

Baldwin is a poster boy for kooliad liberal fidiots.

43. Very Conservative says:

I’m horny for Newt.

1. Baldy Kirby from Atlanta says:

I’m horny for Obama.

On behalf of the sane American people, I’d like to bend him over a barrel & return the favor he has given to us for the past three years….

44. 8staple says:

Sounds like he is afraid to put his money where his mouth is

1. Johnny Dangerously says:

Yeah… could be because his mouth is so big he’s afraid his money will get lost if he gets it anywhere near it. Can’t blame him for that…

45. PaPa Joe says:

What a loss. Wait a minute, what a loss, again, in case the first “What a loss” was unclear. If he would run and win just think, he could communicate with the people from a plane on an electronic device during take-off or leave messages on answering machines to be made public on You Tube and, later on, on cable “news”.. What a loss !

46. HoffmanSelma says:

Want to make about eight thousands dollars in one month with a few hours everyday work on web? MakeCash23.

47. JJ says:

No one would vote for him anyway

48. DOUBLE_CHINNED_PUPPETEER says:

I want Baldwin for mayor so he can completely destroy NYC.

49. Rhiannon says:

Gloria in Excelsis Deo!!! Gogoniant i Dduw yn yr Uchelder!!!
    Doxa si in Ipsistis Theo!!!

1. Baldy Kirby from Atlanta says:

Yeah, and can I get extra cheese on that, please?

50. susan miller says:

I want him to run for mayor!

Comments are closed.