Security Heightened At Clifton High School After Sexual Assaults

CLIFTON, NJ (CBSNewYork) – Two sexual assaults allegedly occurred in a stairwell at Clifton High School during school hours this month.

WCBS 880’s Sean Adams On The Story

Police tell The Record it was coercion. A 16-year-old sophomore told a family member that a 17-year-old boy she met on Facebook threatened her if she didn’t meet him for sex.

The teen has been charged with multiple accounts.

This comes seven months after police arrested two other students for allegedly dragging a 15-year-old into a stairwell at the school, where they raped her.

Following that incident, school officials consulted police and increased patrols.

Teachers and faculty routinely check halls, stairwells, and unoccupied rooms.

The school is also supposed to get an 80-camera surveillance system that would operate 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Got a comment? Share it below!

Comments

1. moe says:

The girl gave the boy a nude photo of herself, which he then used to threaten her and coerce her into a sex act this month. He allegedly did it again last week. Um…she should’ve never given anybody a NUDE pic of herself..WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG W/THESE YOUNG GIRLS. I wouldn’t even send my own husband a picture of myself naked. So the problem here isn’t the school or the MINORITIES that attend the school…its the lack of parenting that takes place in most homes.

2. Tommy C says:

The school is full of minorities…..Thats the problem right there.

1. moe says:

2. A "Going Postal" Worker says:

Tommy C. You are an idiot. I hope that this doesn’t happen to your daughter (assuming that anyone is stupid enough to breed with you).

Moe is right – poor parenting – what the hell?

3. mary anevski says:

UNREAL! Attented CHS til 1993 and NEVER would I expect something like this from that school! Unimaginable! Get the cameras operating and hire private security to babysit the hallways!! Clifton has the $ in their budget, they should allocate more of it towards the safety of the children!

4. Bullett says:

High School just isn’t what it use to be in my (60’s) day. Just terrible!

5. Jones says:

Get the damn cameras up and operating. PLEASE!

R. Jones