Report: Plaxico Burress ‘Badly’ Wants To Play For Eagles

NEW YORK (WFAN) — Brandon Jacobs said before the Super Bowl that a reunion between Plaxico Burress and the Giants could be possible.

But according to a new report, Burress has his eyes set on Philadelphia.

“Saw and talked to Plaxico Burress at Super Bowl and told me he wants to play for Eagles,” WIP radio’s Howard Eskin tweeted Wednesday. “Badly!”

More from CBS Philadelphia

The Eagles reportedly had interest in Burress last offseason, as he was nearing the end of a 20-month prison term on a gun charge.

Burress fueled the speculation by donning a Philadelphia Phillies cap upon his release from Oneida Correctional Facility last June.

Instead of signing with the Eagles or Giants, the 34-year-old agreed with the Jets for one year at $3 million.

Last week, Jacobs said his good friend likely wouldn’t re-sign with Gang Green, especially with all the drama this season in Rex Ryan’s locker room.

“I don’t see him back with the Jets next year at all,” Jacobs said. “They’ve got a lot of things going on over there, and I don’t know if he wants to be part of that.”

Burress had 45 receptions for 612 yards and eight touchdowns for the Jets in 2011.

Jets fans, do you want Plaxico back? Sound off in the comments below…

Comments

1. jetsbaby1 says:

I agree with George. I would hate for Plaxico to leave. The Jets need him but I am getting sick of Sanchez being scared to throw the ball. He has to get out of the pocket more and learn how to scramble and think fast. He is to hesitant as a QB!

2. Clay Montrell Gleaton says:

LikeEric Said… get Braylon Back because he compliments Holmes but we need anoth QB man.. im gettin tired of Sanchez back there. he givin me a heart attack

1. Maz says:

Loved Plax, but I agree, get Edwards back. Great chem. For you Sanchez bashers, give him protection and he’ll prove you wrong. Two consecutive AFC championship appearances in first two years of career? Oh Yeah…” it was just luck” Also Schottys departure should cure the locker room cancer. I would not be surprised if it was Schotty that made the call to Manish. Just hypothesizing.

3. DonA says:

I would have like to see him comeback….if some of the offensive line had given Sanchez more time to time ,he could have gotten the ball to Plaxico and Company,more often…..

1. .. says:

yeah, I’m sure he could have if he was able to throw the ball for more then 20 yrds which Sanchez cannot.

The problem with the Jets was not the recievers or the offensive line, but the QB, Sanchez sucks.

Can’t wait until next season when those Jets fans who love Sanchez start calling for a new QB, because they will. LOL, LOL

4. Lisa says:

Plaxico played well for the Jets, but he’s not the kind of player the Jets need right now. They need TEAM players who will work with our QB to build a team—no egomaniacs or superstar wannabes. And I’m sick of Jets fans picking on Sanchez. You sound like the Forty-whiners, picking on Alex Smith in past years, and look where he got them this year? Give Sanchez a chance, and a team that will work with him not against him. Superbowl QBs don’t happen over night.

1. donnab40 says:

They should do whatever they can to keep Plaxico & get rid of Sanchez. PB is a good player. He is a team player but I think everyone’s in that locker room is sick of Mark Sanchez.

5. stevve says:

plaxico has half of a brain. ask him to write something for you. and he make all this money. we are fools

6. Louie says:

PLAX TO THE EAGIRLS….PERFECT FRIKIN FIT A THUG PLAYING ON A TEAM FULL OF PRIMADONNA THUGS , HAVE FUN PLAX YOU THUG!!!

7. Richie McLean says:

I agree with Eric & George.

8. Peter says:

SEE YA !!!

9. Ericstevenc Tix Stubs says:

jets should go get braylon back he makes santonio better and vice versa !

10. george says:

Jets need Plaxico, and new quaterback

Comments are closed.