Filed underCollege Sports, Knicks, NBA, NCAA, Nets, Radio.com - Sports, Sports, Syndicated Sports, WFAN Blogs
By Jon Rothstein
» More Columns
1. NEW ORLEANS — ANTHONY DAVIS, KENTUCKY
THE SKINNY: Shot-blocking big man will be a hit from day one with the Hornets.
2. CHARLOTTE — THOMAS ROBINSON, KANSAS
THE SKINNY: Hard-working power forward should provide instant energy to the struggling Bobcats.
3. WASHINGTON — BRADLEY BEAL, FLORIDA
THE SKINNY: Sharpshooter’s ability to stretch the floor should provide a nice security blanket for John Wall.
4. CLEVELAND — HARRISON BARNES, NORTH CAROLINA
THE SKINNY: Barnes’ offensive polish gives him the nod by the slimmest of margins over Michael Kidd-Gilchrist.
5. SACRAMENTO — MICHAEL KIDD-GILCHRIST, KENTUCKY
THE SKINNY: Blue collar wing will change the culture in Northern California the minute he shows up at the team’s training facility.
6. PORTLAND — ANDRE DRUMMOND, UCONN
THE SKINNY: New Blazers general manager Neil Olshey will hope that Drummond turns out to be the next Deandre Jordan.
7. GOLDEN STATE — DION WAITERS, SYRACUSE
THE SKINNY: Mark Jackson loves guards and he’ll get the best one in college basketball from last season.
8. TORONTO — JEREMY LAMB, UCONN
THE SKINNY: Lamb’s arrival should allow the Raptors to move Demar DeRozan to small forward.
9. DETROIT — MEYERS LEONARD, ILLINOIS
THE SKINNY: 7-foot-1 center has tremendous upside and should provide immediate help to Greg Monroe on the interior.
10. NEW ORLEANS — DAMIAN LILLARD, WEBER STATE
THE SKINNY: Burgeoning prospect could pair nicely with Eric Gordon in the Hornets back court — if Gordon resigns.
11. PORTLAND — TERRENCE ROSS, WASHINGTON
THE SKINNY: Athletic small forward gives the Blazers insurance in case they lose Nicholas Batum through free agency.
12. MILWAUKEE — TYLER ZELLER, NORTH CAROLINA
THE SKINNY: Former Tarheel could start in the pivot from day one.
13. PHOENIX — AUSTIN RIVERS, DUKE
THE SKINNY: Talented combo guard will hope to take the baton from Steve Nash in the desert.
14. HOUSTON — JOHN HENSON, NORTH CAROLINA
THE SKINNY: Henson probably won’t ever be a great NBA player, but his intangibles are too much for the Rockets to pass up.
15. PHILADELPHIA — TERRENCE JONES, KENTUCKY
THE SKINNY: Southpaw power forward has turned into a sleeper and he’s ready to make people pay — as long as he can handle Philly.
16. HOUSTON — ARNETT MOULTRIE, MISSISSIPPI STATE
THE SKINNY: Armed with a lethal second jump, Moultrie was the second best player in the SEC last season statistically behind Anthony Davis.
17. DALLAS — ROYCE WHITE, IOWA STATE
THE SKINNY: The Mavericks need a replacement for Jason Kidd — and they love everything about White. This is the steal of the draft.
18. MINNESOTA — MOE HARKLESS, ST. JOHN’S
THE SKINNY: David Kahn has his sights set on a marquee wing and Harkless is the only one left on the board.
19. ORLANDO — PERRY JONES III, BAYLOR
THE SKINNY: If Jones didn’t bite as a puppy, why would he bite as a dog?
20. DENVER — JARED SULLINGER, OHIO STATE
THE SKINNY: Big man will have a chip on his shoulder bigger than the Rocky Mountains if he drops this low.
21. BOSTON — KENDALL MARSHALL, NORTH CAROLINA
THE SKINNY: Talented point guard is too good for Danny Ainge to pass up.
22. BOSTON — ANDREW NICHOLSON, ST. BONAVENTURE
THE SKINNY: Skilled power forward has improved his outside shot and is good enough to be a rotation player next season.
23. ATLANTA — JEFFERY TAYLOR, VANDERBILT
THE SKINNY: One of the sleepers in the draft, Taylor blends perfect with the Hawks’ deep stable of athletes.
24. CLEVELAND — WILL BARTON, MEMPHIS
THE SKINNY: Think of Barton like Josh Howard in 2003 — productive college player drafted late in the first round that will have a long NBA career.
25. MEMPHIS — MARQUIS TEAGUE, KENTUCKY
THE SKINNY: The Grizzlies have their backup for Mike Conley.
26. INDIANA — TONY WROTEN, WASHINGTON
THE SKINNY: Burly floor general gives Pacers insurance if they don’t resign Leandro Barbosa.
27. MIAMI — DRAYMOND GREEN, MICHIGAN STATE
THE SKINNY: Green is a winner and the Heat just won the NBA title. Great fit for both parties.
28. OKLAHOMA CITY — DORON LAMB, KENTUCKY
THE SKINNY: Long range sniper is the perfect piece to put alongside Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook.
29. CHICAGO — JOHN JENKINS, VANDERBILT
THE SKINNY: Dead eye shooter will be a specialist off the bench for Tom Thibodeau.
30. GOLDEN STATE — QUINCY MILLER, BAYLOR
THE SKINNY: Miller is simply too talented a prospect to not be taken in the first round.
How do you see it going down? Let us know in the comments below!