NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — If there’s one thing Bruce Bozzi Jr. knows, it’s steak.
The guy grew up around it, since his family helped found the world famous The Palm Restaurant.
Now he’s a big shot reality television star on the new CBS show, ‘The Job,’ but he stopped by The Couch on Friday to treat us to the meat lover’s favorite, the New York Strip Steak.
More Cooking On The Couch: Haute Steak From Marble Lane
- Pre-heat large oven-proof sauté pan (already on stove)
- Rub olive-oil on 18 oz New York Strip Steak, season with salt and pepper, and place in pan to cook for 2 ½ minutes
TIP: The secret to cooking a great New York Strip is high heat, and “Don’t touch that steak!”
- When you’re ready to turn (do not wait full 2 minutes), season the steak and turn gently.
- TIP: Cook without disturbing for another 2 ½ minutes
- The steak is then finished off in an oven at 425 degrees (Remove pan from work area)
TIP: Eight minutes for a warm red center; 12 minutes for a pink center. That two-step cooking process is how you get the inside of the steak done to perfection.
When the steak comes out of the oven let it rest for about 5 minutes.