Buses and vans will transport marchers to 204 Bay Street, “Little Bay Street,” from Bay Ridge Brooklyn.
Check: Traffic & Transit
Buses and vans will be at Fort Hamilton Parkway from 92nd Street to 100th Street to load passengers, and will caravan to Staten Island at approximately 9 a.m. The march and rally will begin at 11 a.m. at 204 Bay Street, across from Tompkins Park.
Protesters will then march to the intersection of Richmond Terrace and Hamilton Avenue for a rally to begin at 1 p.m.
The following streets will be closed from 11 a.m. until 2 p.m. Drivers are advised to avoid these areas between the hours of 9 a.m. and 4 p.m.
- Bay Street from Hannah Street to Richmond Terrace
- Little Bay Street from Victory Boulevard to Bay Street
- Victory Boulevard from Jersey Street to Bay Street
- Mark’s Place from Victory Boulevard to Hyatt Street
- Stuyvesant Place from Bay Street to Wall Street
- Schuyler Street from Stuyvesant Place to Richmond Terrace
- Richmond Terrace from Bay Street to Westervelt Avenue
- Wall Street from St. Mark’s Place to Richmond Terrace
- Hamilton Avenue from Richmond Terrace to Stuyvesant Place
The MTA announced the following service changes for Saturday, and is advising customers to allow for additional time for travel time.
Staten Island Railway:
Staten Island Railway normally operates every 30 minutes on Saturdays and will supplement normal service with an additional shuttle train operating between Old Town Station and St George Terminal. The shuttle train will operate every 15 minutes. Additional personnel will be assigned to assist customers at Old Town Station, Grasmere Station, Tompkinsville Station, and St George Station. Signage to advise customers of the additional SIR service will be posted at the Whitehall Ferry Terminal in Manhattan, St. George Ferry Terminal and in SIR train cars.
Additional subway personnel will also be dispatched in Brooklyn and Lower Manhattan as march participants travel to and from the march staging areas.
Several bus routes will be impacted by street closures as a result of the planned march. The S74 and S76 will terminate at Old Town Rd where customers can transfer to SIR for service to St. George. The S78 will detour and stop at Old Town Rd. in order to allow customers to transfer for SIR service and then will continue along its regular route and terminate at Narrows Rd South.
The S40, S44, S46, S48, S61, and S62 will terminate at Broadway/Clove Rd. where customers can board shuttle buses for service to the Old Town Station and transfer to SIR.
The S51 and S52 will detour and stop at Old Town Rd. in order to allow customers to transfer for SIR service and then will continue along their regulars route and terminate at Hylan Blvd/Clove Rd.
The S53, S79, X1, X10, and X17 will run their normal routes across the Verrazano Narrows Bridge.
You May Also Be Interested In These Stories:
- Experts: Port Authority Cash Flow May Force Another Hudson River Crossing Toll Hike
- Police: Man Peed On NYPD Tow Truck, Punched Traffic Agent In Midtown
- Preservationists Hope To Move Historic Garden City House, Save It From Demolition
- Woman Who Claims To Have Been With NYPD On Las Vegas Trip Speaks For First Time