MOUNT SINAI, NY (WCBS 880) – A blight has been removed from a Long Island couple’s lawn. It was taken down as quickly as it went up.
WCBS 880’s Sophia Hall reports
The couple had seen people digging but were told that it was for a street light and when they came home on Jan. 10 they found the 40-foot-tall cell tower.
“Yeah, I didn’t expect them to do what happened.” Michael DiMarco told WCBS 880 reporter Sophia Hall reacting to the tower’s removal. “I expected some kind of shenanigans to go on.”
DiMarco and the town of Brookhaven had been fighting with the company – Next G – after the tower was put up without any permits.
DiMarco says he is going to continue to fight to make sure this does not happen to another home owner, saying, “We had purchased the house without no utility poles or anything above ground for that particular reason so nobody could ambush us or do anything like that and then you come home and you find out that all your hard efforts are for nothing.”