LEVITTOWN, N.Y. (CBSNewYork)Nassau County Police say a shed fire that broke out Sunday was sparked by fireworks.

The Levittown Fire Department responded with eight fire trucks and 50 firefighters to the fire at 154 Ranch Lane. Three firefighters were injured by a small explosion inside the shed.

READ MORE: Officials Announce Plan To Preserve Crumbling BQE For Another 20 Years

The Nassau County Fire Marshal’s Office and the Arson/Bomb Squad said the source of the explosion was fireworks that had been stored in a three inch PVC pipe.

They said the heat from the fire caused the pipe to explode. One firefighter was struck by a projectile in the leg, another in the chest. The third suffered a face burn.

All three were transported to a local hospital for treatment, and then released.

READ MORE: New Jersey's Own Sydney McLaughlin Sets World Record In Winning 400-Meter Hurdles At Tokyo Olympics

Police say the fire started around 4:28 p.m.

The fire is considered to be suspicious and the investigation is ongoing.

No charges have been filed as of Sunday night.

Detectives request anyone with information regarding this fire to contact Crime Stoppers at 1-800-244-TIPS. All callers will remain anonymous.

MORE NEWS: Cuomo Faces Mounting Calls To Resign Or Face Impeachment Trial After Bombshell AG Report

Please leave a comment below…