Police: Secret 911 Call Indicates Sienna Edwards Was Threatened Before Death.

NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — A woman delivering birthday gifts to her boyfriend’s daughter fell 14 stories to her death in the Bronx Thursday night.

The woman, Sienna Edwards, was apparently threatened just before her fatal fall.

Police initially said they believed the death of the 20-year-old woman was no accident and Friday night, they made an arrest.

Kenya Edmonds, 23, was charged with 2nd-degree murder and 1st-degree manslaughter.

WCBS 880’s Marla Diamond With More On The Story

“I don’t think I could fall off that balcony. The balcony’s very high,” one resident told CBS 2’s Pablo Guzman.

Police said that at some point, Edwards made a call to 911 seeking help. Commissioner Ray Kelly said the drama began when Edwards’ boyfriend asked her to bring birthday presents to his 3-year-old girl in apartment 14B of the Clinton Towers.

The girl was in that apartment with her mother, aunt and another woman. The victim’s boyfriend did not go up to the apartment himself because of an order of protection.

Police, however, believe Sienna Edwards was threatened by the women in the apartment when she went up. According to police, Edwards secretly called 911 and that the dispatcher heard what was being said.

“In the background, there are voices that say ‘You’re not going to leave here alive.'” Kelly said. “Approximately 10 o’clock there is a call by the occupant of the apartment that this woman fell over the balcony and it’s 14 stories down. She died as a result of that fall.”

The 911 operator had already sent a squad car to the nearest cell tower where Edwards secretly called 911 and picked up the women threatening her.

By the time of the call regarding the supposed accidental fall off the balcony, cops were there and took all the women to the 48th Precinct, Guzman reported.

Tenant Tashmeru Rodriguez said he saw the young woman’s body from his balcony.

“She’s too young, I couldn’t sleep,” he said.

Detectives believe Edwards may have died trying to jump from one balcony to another.

Guzman also spoke with the dead woman’s mother at the precinct. She said she had been waiting since Thursday night to be told by investigators what happened to her daughter.

Share your thoughts in the comments section below…