Who doesn’t want shiny hair, clean skin and pretty eyes?
Let’s face it. Beauty doesn’t come cheap. Or does it?READ MORE: Caught On Camera: Man Attacks, Robs Father And Son After Fender Bender In Queens
There are a few home tricks that can turn you from drab to fab – and spare you sticker shock. Beauty guru Jeanette Zinno visited The Couch to share some handy tricks you can do yourself!READ MORE: MTA Employee Recognized After Rescuing Dog From Subway Tracks: 'It's Remarkable She Was Able To Survive That Long'
Some beauty secrets:
- Bananas – for your hair. Mix them with honey to make a conditioning mask that will leave your hair silky smooth in ten minutes.
- Use egg whites to make an at-home face mask. Leave it on for 5 minutes. The proteins give the skin moisture and hydration.
- Preparation-H. Use the hemorrhoid cream on the bags underneath eyes – it de-puffs and is perfect in a pinch before a big event.
- Eyelashes. Stimulate lash growth the natural way, by patting flax seed oil on your lashline with a Q-tip to make lashes grow.
- Clean nails. Sprinkle baking soda on a lemon wedge and rub it on nails for a fresh look.
- Olive oil. Put it on a cotton pad and use it as make-up remove in a pinch. Remove any oil residue with a clean pad dipped in water.
- If you have unruly curly locks in the summer, try mixing a dime-sized amount of olive oil in with your regular styling cream. You’ll get smooth texture and unbeatable shine.
More From CBSNewYork: The 5 Best Summer Beauty Products For New YorkersMORE NEWS: Judge Dismisses National Rifle Association's Bankruptcy Case, Leaving Group Open To New York Lawsuit
For more tips and tricks, check out the video below!