NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) – For the end of Back To School Meals week, Chef Rama Ginde of WannaBee Chef in Bergen County brought some schoolkids to the CBS 2 studios to cook up some mac and cheese.MTA To Start Issuing $50 Fines To Riders Not Wearing Masks
Butternut Squash Macaroni & Cheese
Serves 4READ MORE: Prince Harry, Meghan Markle Pay Visit To New York City
- 1/2 box whole grain elbow macaroni (8 ounces)
- 1 cup canned butternut squash puree
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 oz low fat cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup caramelized onions
- 1 large crispy apple, chopped or grated
- 4 tablespoons crumbled bacon
Cook the pasta according to directions. Drain and return to pan over low heat. Add butternut squash, chicken broth, evaporated milk, and cream cheese. When combined, add in salt.
Add onions and apples to the pasta. Stir to combine and add a tablespoon more broth or milk if needed.MORE NEWS: Public Meetings Begin On Controversial Congestion Pricing Plan
Just before serving, mix in cheese and stir until melted. Top each serving with 1 tablespoon bacon.