NEW YORK (CBSNewYork/AP) — A New York City jury convicted a Queens man of first-degree murder in connection with the death of his ex-girlfriend back in 2012.
The Queens district attorney’s office announced the verdict against 35-year-old Jason Bohn on Wednesday.READ MORE: 2-Year-Old Shot In Head In Newark Survives Emergency Surgery, Family Says; Police Looking For Suspects
Bohn was arrested and charged for the death of Danielle Thomas. Thomas’ beaten and bruised body was found in the couple’s Astoria apartment on June 26. She died of blunt force trauma to her neck and torso.
Authorities who arrived at the scene found the 27-year-old’s body in a bathtub surrounded by ice, officials said.
A note found at the scene read, “It was an accident. I had been drinking and I was drunk when I got home. She was already asleep. I woke up and there was fighting between us. When I woke up again she was unconscious. I am sorry.”
Bohn’s attorney, Todd Greenberg, previously said his client has a history of mental issues.READ MORE: Group Marches Across Manhattan Bridge To Protest Shooting Death Of Daunte Wright In Minnesota
A voicemail from a phone call made the day of her death was played at the trial. Prosecutors said the recording is of the assault on Thomas, with her begging for her life.
Bohn faces up to life in prison when he’s sentenced on April 2.
Check Out These Other Stories From CBSNewYork.com:
[display-posts category=”news” wrapper=”ul” posts_per_page=”4″]MORE NEWS: Hundreds Gather At Police Dept. In Minneapolis Suburb For 2nd Night Of Daunte Wright Protests
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)