NEW YORK (WLNY) — Who doesn’t love Girl Scout cookies? But did you know that you can also cook with them.
Donna Ceravolo, CEO of the Girl Scouts of Nassau County, and two scouts, Katie Lenz and Skylynn Kilfoil Greaves, stop by The Couch to talk about Operation Cookie, which benefits troops overseas, and cook up a Peanut Thai Chicken dish with Do-Si-Dos.
Do-Si-Dos® Peanut Thai Chicken
8 crushed Do-Si-Dos® Girl Scout Cookies
2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken tenderloins
1 box of Pad Thai Noodles
Thai Peanut Sauce
1. Grill chicken tenderloins on wood skewers, brushing occasionally with Teriyaki glaze.
2. Prepare Pad Thai noodles according to directions on box.
3. Serve chicken tenderloins with four crushed Do-Si-Dos® cookies sprinkled on top.
4. Mix remaining Do-Si-Dos® cookie crumbs with peanut sauce.
5. Pour peanut sauce over chicken and noodles, or serve as a side dipping sauce.
For more recipes, including Mint Brownies and Savannah Smiles Zesty Lemon Streusel Bar, check out the Little Brownie Baker’s site.
To order cookies to be donated to Operation Cookie, visit gsnc.org.
You May Also Be Interested In These Stories: