PRINCETON, N.J. (CBSNewYork/AP) – It was a case of higher learning that triggered a fire alarm and forced the evacuation of 100 students from a Princeton University dormitory.

The alarm went off early Wednesday in a music practice room in the basement of Forbes College.

Princeton spokesman Martin Mbugua tells the Times of Trenton university police noticed the smell of marijuana as they approached the unoccupied room. The spokesman says a window was open and remnants of marijuana smoking material were inside a garbage bin.

The students were allowed back in the dorm after 10 minutes.

Forbes houses freshmen and sophomores.

You Might Also Be Interested In:

[display-posts category=”news” wrapper=”ul” posts_per_page=”4″]

(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)

Comments

Leave a Reply