NEW YORK (CBSNewYork/AP) – Health officials are looking at a New York City spa’s safety plans after a patron was found unresponsive in a hot tub and died.
Police say it happened around 6 p.m. Sunday at Spa Castle in Queens. Relatives say the man, Hock Ma, was in good health in his 80s and had gone to the spa on a family holiday outing.
Medical examiners are determining what caused his death.
Spa Castle spokeswoman Stephanie Chon says a manager tried to resuscitate Ma after he was pulled from a shallow pool. He was taken to a hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
Chon says safety precautions are posted and staffers are certified in CPR.
Mary Ma says her father was a retired dry cleaner. She says the family is in shock.
You Might Also Be Interested In:
[display-posts category=”news” wrapper=”ul” posts_per_page=”4″]
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)