NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — As around 1 million people converge on Times Square Thursday night, thousands of spectators are expected to be 0n Coney Island for its second annual New Year’s Eve celebration.

The event, which debuted last year, is being hosted by Brooklyn Borough President Eric Adams, Council Member Mark Treyger, the Alliance for Coney Island and other local leaders.

“New Yorkers have long desired a place to bring in the New Year outside of standing for hours in one spot in Times Square,” Adams told 1010 WINS. “Those prayers have been answered.”

The celebration features several events, including fireworks and sideshow performances.

“We are opening several rides, including the popular Thunderbolt,” Adams said. “We will have ice skating, flame-throwing, sword-swallowing, bands, music, fireworks — everything you expect when you end the year, we’re going to do it the Brooklyn way by bringing in the New Year with a bang.”

There will also be Coney Island’s own version of a ball drop — a digital countdown light display on the Parachute Jump.