MINEOLA, N.Y. (CBSNewYok) — There’s some good news for bus riders on Long Island.

Nassau County Executive Ed Mangano found $3 million in the budget and he wants to use that money to restore at least some of the 11 Nassau Inter-County Express bus routes that were cut.

READ MORE: Tri-State Officials Bracing For Omicron Variant Urge Everyone To Get Vaccinated And Get Boosters

But the bus system is running a $7.5 million budget deficit.

READ MORE: Firefighters Battle 4-Alarm Blaze On Upper East Side

NICE chief executive officer Michael Setzer said he’s pleased more money is coming his way, but he would like to use the money to close the budget gap or improve the busiest bus routes, 1010 WINS’ Carol D’Auria reported.

The following bus routes were eliminated last month:

• N2/8
• N14
• N17
• N46
• N50
• N51
• N62
• N73
• N74
• N80
• N81

MORE NEWS: Advocates: Put Holiday Consumerism Aside For A Second And Remember Giving Tuesday Is About Helping The Less Fortunate

Setzer said he’s already printed 80,000 new bus schedules, and gotten rid of bus drivers that he didn’t think he would need.