NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — Police and the FBI on Tuesday identified two suspects in a string of ATM skimming device incidents in Brooklyn and Queens last fall.
Sorin Ceafa, 35, and Bogdan Atansiu, 36, are being sought in five incidents between late September and early November of last year. In each incident, they allegedly put card readers and cameras on ATMs.READ MORE: New Jersey Man Who Was Arrested On Child Porn Charges Allegedly Tried To Hire Hitman To Murder 14-Year-Old Child In New York
• On Sunday, Sept. 27 at 8:20 p.m., the suspects were seen removing a card reader from the ATM at the TD Bank, at 211 Montague St. in Brooklyn, police said.
• On Saturday, Oct. 17, at 5:23 p.m. the suspects were seen putting a card reader on the ATM at the TD Bank located at 76-02 Main St. in Queens, police said.
• On Saturday, Oct. 17, at 5:29 p.m., the suspects were seen putting a card reader on the ATM at the TD Bank located at 164-06 Union Turnpike in Queens, police said.READ MORE: Investigators Working To Determine Whether Johnson & Johnson Vaccine May Cause Blood Clots
• On Thursday, Oct. 22, at 8:58 p.m., the suspects were seen putting a card reader on the ATM at the TD Bank at 162-02 Cross Bay Blvd. in Queens, police said.
• On Saturday, Nov. 7, 2015, at 2:09 a.m., the suspects were seen taking a card reader off an ATM at TD Bank at 70-05 Northern Blvd. in Queens, police said.
Sorin is described as being 5 feet 1 inch tall and weighing 300 pounds. Atansiu is 5 feet 11 inches tall and 190 pounds, police said.MORE NEWS: Road To Reopening: Curfew For New York Restaurants & Bars Extended, Outdoor Dining Restrictions Eased In Connecticut
Anyone with information is asked to call the NYPD Crime Stoppers at (800) 577-TIPS, or (888) 57-PISTA for Spanish, or the FBI hotline at (212) 384-5000. The public may also log onto the Crime Stoppers website or text tips to 274637 (CRIMES) and enter TIP577.