NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — Police late Monday were searching for two suspects in a string of burglaries targeting Lower Manhattan restaurants and bars.
The suspects targeted businesses on the Lower East Side and in Chinatown between Sunday, April 3 and this past Tuesday. The incidents happened at the following times and locations.
• Around 4:30 a.m. Sunday, April, 2, the suspects entered the Suffolk Arms bar, at 269 E. Houston St., and took several bottles of alcohol and hand tools;
• At 2:33 a.m. Tuesday, April 26, the suspects entered Dudley’s Restaurant, at 85 Orchard St., and took about $500 from the register;
• Around 10 p.m. Tuesday, April 26, the suspects entered New Shing Wang Restaurant, at 27 Eldridge St., and took about $400, an iPhone and an iPad;
• Around 10:30 p.m. Tuesday, April 26, the suspects entered the Sing Fish Ball Restaurant, at 21 Eldridge St., and took about $300;
• around 10:45 p.m. Tuesday, April 26, the suspects entered the Eric McKenna Bakery, at 248 Broome St., and took about $1,600 from a file cabinet;
• Around 12:30 a.m. Wednesday, April 27, the suspects walked into the Kotto House, at 250 Broome St., and took about $50, police said.
The suspects were wearing black clothing, police said. Police have released a surveillance photo and video.
Anyone with information was asked to call the NYPD Crime Stoppers at (800) 577-TIPS or (888) 57-PISTA for Spanish, log onto the Crime Stoppers website, or text tips to 274637 (CRIMES) and enter TIP577.